Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow02

Reaction score
It's all personal preference. I can't stand the small screen on the iphone, so it's automatically out for me as a daily driver. But if that's not an issue, then you need to decide if LTE is something you care about. It's ridiculously fast, and the iphone won't have it.

As far as stability goes, the iphone will likely have fewer issues with apps auto closing and such, but that's by no means a guarantee. Both platforms suffer from that on occasion, I don't care what people tell you.

Battery life is generally a hair better on the iPhone vs. Most android phoned with a stock battery, but gingerbread significantly closed that gap vs. Earlier versions. You always have the option for an extended battery on an android phone as well.

The biggest difference on the iphone is the smoothness of the ui and the marginally better quality of certain apps (primarily video/gaming).

Just remember you don't get flash on the iPhone either (this doesn't seem to be a problem for many, but is another thing I won't go without).

I probably sound like I'm making a case for android over iOS, because I am. But in the end it all comes down to personal preference. Use both if you can, and decide what works best for you.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually they are successful for only one reason. They're the best advertising company on the planet, they put their products in every movie or tv show you ever see.

A PC can do everything and so much more than a Mac and does it for a hell of a lot cheaper. They use the same hardware as PC's, so they do not last longer, they do not run better, they simply lock you into using only their software. Just like android vs IOS, a PC lets you do what YOU want, a Mac does only what Apple wants you to do.

The sad fact is, most people are ignorant of any products they're buying and they see Apple's products in movies and tv shows and say, hey I want that and they buy it.

It's the goof of all time, but a genius plan by Apple, you can't hate them for doing what works, it's just sad that the public is so feeble minded.

I 100% disagree and I own Mac's and PC's so I can prove it. Yes I payed more upfront for my Mac, but I haven't had to do anything with it, as far as hardware in concerned, since 2007. It runs the same today as the day I bought it. My laptops are from Sony and Dell both decent, between mid to top of the line range and I have put more money into those things now to keep them going than I originally spent on my Mac. Certainly there are some windows programs I can't run on my Mac but I have never understood the argument that PC's do way more than Mac's.

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not saying one is better either way, as stated 48 million times before, it truly is personal preference. But I do feel, out of box, that Mac offers the better product. Certainly you can make all sorts of upgrades to the PC to exceed a Mac but at that point you have now spent more on the PC than the Mac, that is my only point really.

Snow02

Reaction score
^I will never dismiss choice, whether its Android, the iPhone, WP7. Waiting until the iPhone 4S comes out isnt a bad idea, its another phone to choose from and it will be out soon. Like you mentioned, they all have their positives and negatives. The key is which negatives you can live with.

Like Dragon Naturally Speaking for PC's? I never tried it but wanted to years ago.

The Newton....where some consider tablets started and I tend to agree. And their gaming system, the Bandai Pipin. Both huge flops.

Both were many, many years ago tho.

Funny thing about the new notifications on iOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJIef-e-7g

From the clip: "These day's were getting alot of notifications. So we've created a brand new way to handle them".. Technically they did create a brand new way to handle them. I wouldnt say brand new tho. Maybe brand new for the iPhone. But why didnt they say "we have a new way to handle them" or "we're using a new way to handle them"...Maybe its ppl see what they wanna see. who knows. Some laughed at that phrase. That clip was uploaded by Apple too...

Haha. Classic apple though. There's a reason they're stereotyped for claiming everything they implement they also invented.

But like I said, users will be very pleased with the improvement. Anything that forces a more competitive atmosphere is always a net win for the consumer - this is a perfect example.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually they are successful for only one reason. They're the best advertising company on the planet, they put their products in every movie or tv show you ever see.

A PC can do everything and so much more than a Mac and does it for a hell of a lot cheaper. They use the same hardware as PC's, so they do not last longer, they do not run better, they simply lock you into using only their software. Just like android vs IOS, a PC lets you do what YOU want, a Mac does only what Apple wants you to do.

The sad fact is, most people are ignorant of any products they're buying and they see Apple's products in movies and tv shows and say, hey I want that and they buy it.

It's the goof of all time, but a genius plan by Apple, you can't hate them for doing what works, it's just sad that the public is so feeble minded.

while they're advertising is obviously better then any other company, i wouldn't go far as to say that's the only reason.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The Mac is a much more advanced computer than any PC, bottom line. I own a PC. I've had 3 Macs, I switched over to PC simply because there was much software available for the PC. My first 'real' computer was an apple 2+, (Almost even got the Apple Lisa, which I doubt many remember) //e, then 2GS, than on to the macs..

What caught my attention yesterday with all the similarities that apple has introduced that android has already had, reminded me of an ad campaign in the 80's, when windows was first introduced. Apple took out multiple full page ads in several magazines and newspapers. On the first page it said, "With Windows, you can place a shortcut icon right on your home screen, Imagine that.." then you would turn the page and would be the next full page ad, "With Windows you can do (Whatever it was, I forget, but something macs already had) and said, "Imagine that..." Basically pointing out all the things windows could do that mac had been doing for a long time. It was a very clever ad campaign. Now it seems like they are doing the same thing they pointed out with windows back then with Android, ie: You can talk to your phone - Imagine that. You can store to the clouds - Imagine that.. etc etc .. I wish I could find that ad from the 80s ... would be funny to see Google run an an ad parody of that ad campaign now, with the tides turned...

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The Mac is a much more advanced computer than any PC, bottom line. I own a PC. I've had 3 Macs, I switched over to PC simply because there was much software available for the PC. My first 'real' computer was an apple 2+, (Almost even got the Apple Lisa, which I doubt many remember) //e, then 2GS, than on to the macs..

What caught my attention yesterday with all the similarities that apple has introduced that android has already had, reminded me of an ad campaign in the 80's, when windows was first introduced. Apple took out multiple full page ads in several magazines and newspapers, On the first page it said, "With Windows, you can place a shortcut icon right on your home screen, Imagine that.." then you would turn the page and would be the next full page ad, "With Windows you can do (Whatever it was, I forget, but something macs already had) and said, "Imagine that..." Basically pointing out all the things windows could do that mac had been doing for a long time. It was a very clever ad campaign. Now it seems like they are doing the same thing with Android, ie: You can talk to your phone - Imagine that. You can store to the clouds - Imagine that.. etc etc .. I wish I could find that ad from the 80s ...

GUIdebook > ... > Windows > Windows 95 Apple ad

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
We will have to see what happens when the iPhone 5 comes out next year.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
We will see how Siri performs outside of a controlled test in the real world.

Snow02

Reaction score
We will see how Siri performs outside of a controlled test in the real world.

I don't always post, but when I do, I start them with
'we will see'.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
I will tell you one thing Apple does WAY better than anyone.....They sure know how to start some conversations in these forums!

No doubt. This has turned into a pretty popular discussion!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.