Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
BTW, I updated my avatar for those of you who think I'm an Apple imposter. ;)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
BTW, I updated my avatar for those of you who think I'm an Apple imposter. ;)

That's it, we are ship'n ya off to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp to be water boarded until you release all of the Apple isecrets to us! (Juicy secrets like marginal phone upgrades and what not!)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That's it, we are ship'n ya off to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp to be water boarded until you release all of the Apple isecrets to us! (Juicy secrets like marginal phone upgrades and what not!)

Or we can just wait till the Google/Samsung announcement to know ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Android>iphone
Even in extreme situations
Rooted android > jailbroken iPhone

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
So I installed iOS5 on my i4 last night. After seeing the notification bar,I just don't see how apple has the gall to sue over bouncing lists. But it is a nice update. Glad to see apple keeping with the times. Once they have a phone with a larger screen and LTE it might be worth considering switching over as a main device.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I installed iOS5 on my i4 last night. After seeing the notification bar,I just don't see how apple has the gall to sue over bouncing lists. But it is a nice update. Glad to see apple keeping with the times. Once they have a phone with a larger screen and LTE it might be worth considering switching over as a main device.

Obviously the notification bar is nothing new but I think they did a very nice job with it, atleast from what I have seen in videos, haven't seen it in person yet.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Ppl r saying not till spring but in store today u can pre order one Friday and have it on a few weeks and how is Sprint and ATT geting 4G and not Verizon and ppl are all like the cam is the best u can get but on my Droid I have a 8 meg cam same as new I phone and I'm Android 4 life I will never go to Apple no matter what

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Obviously the notification bar is nothing new but I think they did a very nice job with it, atleast from what I have seen in videos, haven't seen it in person yet.

Oh yeah. It works great. I had obviously heard about it, but after using it, they did a good job with the implementation, even if it is a rip on android. Users will be very pleased with the change.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I actually went into the local Verizon store today to upgrade my Droid I to the Bionic. I walked out without a new phone. The sales guy I talked to was actually able to talk me into waiting on the iPhone 4s. He has been with Verizon for over 6 years and has used every Droid phone to date. He recently switched to the iPhone 4 and was completely won over by it. He will never go back to an Android phone. He mentioned that 9 times out of 10, the phones that come back to the store with issues are Android based.

Now I'm completely unsure of what my next phone will be. (Please don't flame me!) I have decided to wait for the iPhone 4s to come out, then decide on whether to get the Bionic or iPhone 4s. There are so many positives for each; and negatives as well. The platform stability and touchscreen smoothness of the iPhone is so much better than the Droid, especially my Droid I. Also, the fact that the iPhone is $100 cheaper is a big draw.

Has anyone here ever made the switch from iPhone to Droid and/or vise versa? Any advice would help.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I will never dismiss choice, whether its Android, the iPhone, WP7. Waiting until the iPhone 4S comes out isnt a bad idea, its another phone to choose from and it will be out soon. Like you mentioned, they all have their positives and negatives. The key is which negatives you can live with.

Czer you know what's most hilarious about that article? Voice dictation has been around for quite a long time on computers. Voice commands have been around for several tech generations in the "pre smartphone" era of phones. And yet, none of this seems to matter. Because Apple didn't do it yet.

Like Dragon Naturally Speaking for PC's? I never tried it but wanted to years ago.

Definitely agree. People go "ape" over Apple stuff. I can't remember the last time they released a product that was a flop. Can you? :?

The Newton....where some consider tablets started and I tend to agree. And their gaming system, the Bandai Pipin. Both huge flops.

Both were many, many years ago tho.

Funny thing about the new notifications on iOS:

[video=youtube;LLJIef-e-7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJIef-e-7g[/video]

From the clip: "These day's were getting alot of notifications. So we've created a brand new way to handle them".. Technically they did create a brand new way to handle them. I wouldnt say brand new tho. Maybe brand new for the iPhone. But why didnt they say "we have a new way to handle them" or "we're using a new way to handle them"...Maybe its ppl see what they wanna see. who knows. Some laughed at that phrase. That clip was uploaded by Apple too...

Last edited:

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dont worry about anyone else. Get the phone you like the best and feels right. Afterall you are the one shelling out the money for it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about anyone else. Get the phone you like the best and feels right. Afterall you are the one shelling out the money for it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

totally agree but if everyone has this mentality than what are we left to debate about here in the forums??? :icon_eek:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, Macs are incredible computers. I've had a Macbook for three and a half years now. The only thing I've done is add RAM and update the OS when they have released new version. It still runs like new. Macs run smoothly and are designed very well. It's hard to justify saying they "stink" when Apple is the most valuable brand in the world. They aren't this successful for no reason. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Actually they are successful for only one reason. They're the best advertising company on the planet, they put their products in every movie or tv show you ever see.

A PC can do everything and so much more than a Mac and does it for a hell of a lot cheaper. They use the same hardware as PC's, so they do not last longer, they do not run better, they simply lock you into using only their software. Just like android vs IOS, a PC lets you do what YOU want, a Mac does only what Apple wants you to do.

The sad fact is, most people are ignorant of any products they're buying and they see Apple's products in movies and tv shows and say, hey I want that and they buy it.

It's the goof of all time, but a genius plan by Apple, you can't hate them for doing what works, it's just sad that the public is so feeble minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.