Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwking

Reaction score
Just watched the liveblog of the iPhone event on Engadget.com. It's not 4G, but it's pretty freakin' cool. I really really really like the Siri application! How freakin' cool is it that it can take just about anything you say and find the answer? That would be great to see on the Android platform. iCloud is pretty sweet as well! What do you guys think?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Not 4g, same form factor, same small screen. No thanks. Dual core didn't bring me over to the bionic that also had 4g. So it definitely won't bring me to this iPhone 4s

Sent from my forever BAMF'd Thunderbolt

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
Siri=beta. Won't come out of the box and isn't expected until spring. Not excited for the 4S at all.

True, BUT, we don't have anything like that in the works. :-/ At least they have it to look forward to. I'm a little P.O.'ed about the Bionic's camera in comparison. It seriously does take way too long to snap a photo.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I have no doubt that the 4S camera will be the most amazing camera on any cell phone we've seen. As much as I'd love to get my hands on that camera, it's not enough to make me jump ship.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
I would go back to my Original Droid before using an Iphone. Not exaggerating.

I love apple products, just didn't want to be tied down to their list of features, limitations in form and function, flash, app store, etc. BUT, this phone looks nice. There are sacrifices both ways, I suppose.

Scribble

Reaction score
Haven't looked at the details- how is it different then the android voice stuff?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
True, BUT, we don't have anything like that in the works. :-/ At least they have it to look forward to. I'm a little P.O.'ed about the Bionic's camera in comparison. It seriously does take way too long to snap a photo.

Android has had voice commands for a long time now.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm not jealous at all. I like the ability to make my home pages more than 4x4 little squares. i like that I can still plug my phone into any PC and access my files. If my battery dies, I like the fact I can swap it out myself, and not get charged by some geniuses to install it for me like a 2yo has to have his chicken cut up for him.

McGyver777

Reaction score
The Dark Side is the only true way to go...

Nice of them to add cloud (google has had it), notifications done right (had it, and should be a huge embarrassment to them they copied androids so closely), and other android platform "already had it" things to the iOS.

I mean, all those Nerf kids and their safety helmets and teeth guards and arm floaties running around in their toy econo-hybrid-boxes sheltered from the scary world by those that know better for them (1984 anyone?).

Playing with the safe-world cookie cutter iphones is cute and all but I am forever a member of "the Dark Side" baby, and I'll never turn back...heh.

Oh, and Voice command.....had it...long time now.

Wonder what the iphone 5 will really have to make it better than android?

All that "safety" and "protection" and "encapsulation" and "control" and "appstore limitations" is really only one thing when you boil it down:
Captivity. You are safer but you aren't natural. You aren't in natural selection, you are coddled and held up. And by default, are the weaker breed.

(Too much of a Hunter myself to play in the "shallow" end of the pool.)

McGyver777
"DARK SIDE" MEMBER SINCE 2011
Droid Bionic, un-rooted for now.

Last edited:
OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
Android has had voice commands for a long time now.

Dude... watch the demo video. You can't wake your phone and say "Do I need an umbrella today?" and have it answer you. You can't say "Remind me to call my wife when I leave work" and have it set up a geofence around your office so that you get reminded when you leave. Android voice commands are nowhere near the power of this app.

DVR6

Reaction score
Keep in mind siri was in a controlled (demonstration) environment and you can bet they knew programatically exactly what to ask it and how. It looked impressive in the controlled environment. We'll see in real world use.

Also the android voice features work pretty darn good but I tend not to use them because I want privacy in public. I dont want to be talking to my phone in restraunts, around colleages, at work, in meetings, etc. In other words it's neat but limited for actual real world situations.

The rest of the features are already available in android and no 4g, just theoretical enhance 3g. Again we'll see in real world use. Cloud = google and dropbox, or any number of other services.

I'm glad I went with the Bionic.

Status
Not open for further replies.