Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

brenneisec

Reaction score
The battery patch containes 2 files.
build.prop (changes the wifi scan interval from 1.5mins to 2.5 mins)
and famework-res.apk, which contains changes supposed to help battery life (You'd have to do a file compare or ask Kejar for details if you want more info...)

Applying a theme will replace the framework-res.apk (which is why Kejar specifically advised NO THEMES during this test.. if you've applied ANY theme after you applied the patch, then you're not getting the benefits of the patch.

To stop using the patch, just install a theme, it will over-write the patch's framework-res, and you're set.

HTH!

thanks a lot! that makes sense for the most part i believe

mdlissner

Reaction score
What if you have a theme installed and then install the patch? what will that do?

droidxethan

Reaction score
Its decent i can tell its working but I installled over red theme so I think its not working at its best but I just don't have time to redo it all to start with stock theme so ima keep testing with the red maybe it might help him idk..

Sent from my DROIDX

snot

Reaction score
So is this patch working well for you guys?

I think I was getting better battery life when I was using Droid Overclock 1.2 ULV with profiles in place. But I cannot compare this experience since I never ran Liberty 1.5 w/o Droid Overclock.

droidxethan

Reaction score
How do I go about getting rid of this so I can redo do it with stock theme?

Sent from my DROIDX

droidxethan

Reaction score
I switched themes to her rid of tweak but it wont let me set stock theme still?

Sent from my DROIDX

Nmayar

Reaction score
So after this it looks like this is getting people to average 19hrs. If they are following the instructions. What's next kejar31? Any new tweeks?

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So after this it looks like this is getting people to average 19hrs. If they are following the instructions. What's next kejar31? Any new tweeks?

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

Yes, working on removing unused services in the framework.jar.. Just removed skyhookwireless and cleaned up some blurmesseging calls that are no longer used..

I am pulling an all nighter at work but there will be some long downtime so I am kinda working on it now.

snot

Reaction score
Today didn't last so long.
aefe55ba-de8c-58f0.jpg
aefe55ba-dea4-634c.jpg
aefe55ba-deb8-5f8d.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

HayWire

Reaction score
Just installed, charging my phone up to 100%.. It's going to take me awhile to drain the battery as I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow but I'll use it like I normally do. How do I take a screen shot of it for the results? I like the new battery meter as well. I'm glad I did a reinstall of liberty so I have everything correct! Hopefully I can keep this battery tweak and get rid of Juice Defender..

Thanks a bunch!

skkennedy08

Reaction score
followed the exact rules and only got 8 hours with just consistent texting........ ? should i reflash the rom and battery tweak? or give it another try tomorrow?

EDIT: tried again and after 3 hours i'm already at 70% with just consistent texting

Last edited: