Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
how are u guys getting such good battery mine isnt very good any tips im hurtin

I use set cpu to set max MHz to 300 when display is off. Seems to help quite a bit.

Even without setting a profile the display will still only run at 300 MHz when off if that is what your min is at for frequency scaling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidxethan

Reaction score
ok well i use my phone quite a bit and im using task killer anymore cuz i was hearing bad things about it so what could i use in its place if anything?

snot

Reaction score
aefe37cb-7f16-0295.jpg
aefe37cb-7f27-157e.jpg
aefe37cb-7f38-1596.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I'm in the process of recharging my phone after killing it. With the phone off, how do I tell when a full charge is reached?

Jordan8

Reaction score
Good thing there is nothing wrong with battery life on this ROM. I say leave the patch out ;) JMHO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I disagree, if it does in fact improve battery life I don't see any reason not to include it once he has everything sorted out.

Oh, I totally agree, if the ROM was in fact causing horrible battery life. But I also posted a couple pages back that if they can improve battery life more power to them. But its not needed. Not when im getting almost 48hours with normal use. I ran a test without the patch and this ROM gets great battery life.

So yes, if they can improve that please do:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Jeez, 48 hours? Wish I could get that kinda battery life haha.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I'm in the process of recharging my phone after killing it. With the phone off, how do I tell when a full charge is reached?

Push down the power button instead of holding it.

Yeah I already F'ed up and turned it back on. I'm at 20%...do I retry the whole process, leave it as is, or turn if back off and wait fit it to fully charge?

Jordan8

Reaction score

Push down the power button instead of holding it.

Yeah I already F'ed up and turned it back on. I'm at 20%...do I retry the whole process, leave it as is, or turn if back off and wait fit it to fully charge?

Id personally probably leave it be with the screen off. Kejar said to leave the phone off in the main post, I wouldn't think that's important enough to restart the whole process if you don't use the phone though.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Good thing there is nothing wrong with battery life on this ROM. I say leave the patch out ;) JMHO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Oh, I totally agree, if the ROM was in fact causing horrible battery life. But I also posted a couple pages back that if they can improve battery life more power to them. But its not needed. Not when im getting almost 48hours with normal use. I ran a test without the patch and this ROM gets great battery life.

So yes, if they can improve that please do:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\
I`m with ya on this issue. So far, I am averaging well over 17 hours of battery life on just Liberty v1.5. I am reluctant to test the Battery Patch simply because I dont see enough of a gain as of yet to make me give up how I have my phone set-up as far as customizations and user settings.

Now, having said that ^^, I will be the first one to jump on this patch when it gives 4-6 hours more of battery life without me having to revert to stock Liberty.

Below is a "normal day" for me and my DX on Liberty v1.5, UD theme with Launcher Pro+DreamLyfe.Sharp...
28695877006479384889.png

thahandyman

Reaction score
i didnt have a chance to post the last couple of days.... so theres the previous 2 days

Rockaholic

Reaction score
ok well i use my phone quite a bit and im using task killer anymore cuz i was hearing bad things about it so what could i use in its place if anything?

Watchog is a good choice. It will alert you if an app is being a CPU hog and it will let you kill it instead of just killing each and every app on your phone.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
So I waited until it hit 100% in the battery circle up top and disconnected it. Within 5 minutes it was already at 90%....
Should I have not have disconnected it right when it hit 100? The charging lightning bolt was gone.

droidxethan

Reaction score
aefd0684-b9f1-bddd.jpg
aefd0684-ba02-381f.jpg

I can only get like 13 hours with normal use :/
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App