Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

murdoc158

Reaction score
Stock battery streaming music most of the afternoon. Battery just beeped it was at 15% and I didn't want to be stuck with a dead phone so I had to recharge. Probably could have hit 24 hours easily.

snap20110211145920.png

TeeX

Reaction score
So after this it looks like this is getting people to average 19hrs. If they are following the instructions. What's next kejar31? Any new tweeks?

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

Yes, working on removing unused services in the framework.jar.. Just removed skyhookwireless and cleaned up some blurmesseging calls that are no longer used..

I am pulling an all nighter at work but there will be some long downtime so I am kinda working on it now.

any idea when/if the tweak will be able to be used/downloaded for widespread use? Of course I'd love more battery life, but I also want to stay on Mysterious Beast.

thanks for all your hard work - this ROM rocks! :)

jdog94

Reaction score
i am sure it has been asked and i just didnt see it
will this work on D2?

colchiro

Reaction score
How do I kill mediaserver?

I played a game (unblock me) for several hours yesterday and it showed up in my battery stats for the first time. I thought I had all that crap uninstalled. I don't have DLNA or media server apps.

Last edited:

Nmayar

Reaction score
Yes, working on removing unused services in the framework.jar.. Just removed skyhookwireless and cleaned up some blurmesseging calls that are no longer used..

I am pulling an all nighter at work but there will be some long downtime so I am kinda working on it now.

Sounds great ready to keep on testing with any new tweeks.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

sephtin

Reaction score
will this work on D2?

Short answer... No

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
any idea when/if the tweak will be able to be used/downloaded for widespread use? Of course I'd love more battery life, but I also want to stay on Mysterious Beast.

This isn't a patch for daily use. It's something that is available for testing. When it's ready for public consumption (or more appropriately, IF it's ready for public consumption), it will almost certainly be included in the next release of the ROM...

So for those Droid2 users asking for it and those users asking for themes to be updated with this patch... IF it makes it to the next version, then themes that contain this patch will come with it. Just need to be patient.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
will this work on D2?

Short answer... No

This isn't a patch for daily use. It's something that is available for testing. When it's ready for public consumption (or more appropriately, IF it's ready for public consumption), it will almost certainly be included in the next release of the ROM...

So for those Droid2 users asking for it and those users asking for themes to be updated with this patch... IF it makes it to the next version, then themes that contain this patch will come with it. Just need to be patient.

Good thing there is nothing wrong with battery life on this ROM. I say leave the patch out ;) JMHO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I also am getting great battery life, but I also think there is always room for improvement

Jordan8

Reaction score
Good thing there is nothing wrong with battery life on this ROM. I say leave the patch out ;) JMHO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I disagree, if it does in fact improve battery life I don't see any reason not to include it once he has everything sorted out.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I disagree, if it does in fact improve battery life I don't see any reason not to include it once he has everything sorted out.

Oh, I totally agree, if the ROM was in fact causing horrible battery life. But I also posted a couple pages back that if they can improve battery life more power to them. But its not needed. Not when im getting almost 48hours with normal use. I ran a test without the patch and this ROM gets great battery life.

So yes, if they can improve that please do:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

droidxethan

Reaction score
how are u guys getting such good battery mine isnt very good any tips im hurtin