If you could would you switch you galaxy nexus for HTC ONE X ?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I've already had anxiety over the thought of the next Nexus not being on Verizon lol. It would take the good lord himself to tell me to switch back to At&t and there's no way I could have the same phone for like 3 years...damn here comes the anxiety again. Going for the Crown Royal now...

Then get a GSM company provider aside from att. No contracts. I might do that one day.

Some companies over 4g with no contract. Pay 60 a month. And you can always have new phones. You'd pay a lot. But you can sell your old one always. And you always will have the new nexus

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've already had anxiety over the thought of the next Nexus not being on Verizon lol. It would take the good lord himself to tell me to switch back to At&t and there's no way I could have the same phone for like 3 years...damn here comes the anxiety again. Going for the Crown Royal now...

lol, didn't think about that.

I have to imagine all the future Nexus devices will be on Verizon considering it's so far ahead in 4G coverage.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Remember the us version of the one x is dual core. No quad cores have been officiay announced for us carriers that I know of

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Then get a GSM company provider aside from att. No contracts. I might do that one day.

Some companies over 4g with no contract. Pay 60 a month. And you can always have new phones. You'd pay a lot. But you can sell your old one always. And you always will have the new nexus

I would, but other than the Nexus delay, I'm extremely happy with Verizon. Awesome coverage everywhere I go, unlimited data and I've always had great customer service. It would really take a helluva a lot for me to switch.

OP
N

nadav64

Reaction score
No, because its not a Nexus.

Lol why do you love the nexus so much? Any other phone can be just as good!

MR H3LLMAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
goo-inside.me

Technically speaking, you would be right. There are some nice pieces of hardware out there. But in terms of community support and development/theming, anything with a Nexus tag will always reign supreme. Also no manufacturer crap usually, generally gets updates first, etc...

kmo

Reaction score

Question should be; why don't you love it so much? haha....seriously though not everyone gets it with a device like this, if you don't get it it's just not worth explaining the reasons why. As was stated, it's not all about the specs. DancingNexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Technically speaking, you would be right. There are some nice pieces of hardware out there. But in terms of community support and development/theming, anything with a Nexus tag will always reign supreme. Also no manufacturer crap usually, generally gets updates first, etc...

100% agree.

jasonduffy

Reaction score
If the One X were quad core with LTE I would definitely take a look at getting it. But I have two lines so I would keep my Nexus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the One X were quad core with LTE I would definitely take a look at getting it. But I have two lines so I would keep my Nexus.

It is quadcore and probably will have LTE if it comes to Verizon.

Flandry

Reaction score
Speed is a function of CPU and GPU together. Because of this, Qualcomm's processor is likely to lag behind upcoming arrivals from Samsung and Nvidia in the place speed matters most - gaming. Power consumption may also lag behind Nvidia and Texas Instruments. Combine this with HTC's tradition for lower battery life phones, the One's smaller 1800mah battery and larger screen, and the fact that next generation radios are still in their initial stage of development and are power-hungry, and the prospect of getting through a day with one is concerning. Add in the fact that ICS is optimized for TI's OMAP processors and many apparent advantages of the One start to diminish.

So no. I'm happy to stay with the GN.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Speed is a function of CPU and GPU together. Because of this, Qualcomm's processor is likely to lag behind upcoming arrivals from Samsung and Nvidia in the place speed matters most - gaming. Power consumption may also lag behind Nvidia and Texas Instruments. Combine this with HTC's tradition for lower battery life phones, the One's smaller 1800mah battery and larger screen, and the fact that next generation radios are still in their initial stage of development and are power-hungry, and the prospect of getting through a day with one is concerning. Add in the fact that ICS is optimized for TI's OMAP processors and many apparent advantages of the One start to diminish.

So no. I'm happy to stay with the GN.

Had no idea ICS was optimized for TI's OMAP processors. Thanks for sharing that:hail:

Chukee

Reaction score
Ill get a quad when the RAZR gets one. Only problem I have with nexus is when the next one come out it will more than likely be with another carrier. Not good for me cause I'm not leaving Verizon for a phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums