Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Could Have Better Than Expected Battery Life?

wolstonc

Reaction score
what were you expecting a 4.65 hd amoled screen with dual core processor 1 gig of ram 1750 MAH battery to have?

I was hoping for the lte one to be bigger due to a bigger battery. I don't want to have to ruin this beauty with an extended battery, especially with the nfc in the stock one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for the lte one to be bigger due to a bigger battery. I don't want to have to ruin this beauty with an extended battery, especially with the nfc in the stock one.

You'll still have NFC with an extended battery.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I wonder how much the replacement batteries will be... nfc chip and all. Hopefully though, it will have an extended battery option. I need as much juice as i can get.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much the replacement batteries will be... nfc chip and all. Hopefully though, it will have an extended battery option. I need as much juice as i can get.

They should be comparable to regular batteries. I don't think the chip is in the battery, but built into the phone. I think the battery houses the transmitter, or whatever it's called and it's an extremely inexpensive piece of hardware.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a rumor about the LTE version, since it's supposed to be slightly thicker people assume it will have a larger battery. Somehow I doubt it considering there's 3 testers I've seen with the LTE version and we haven't seen any pics of the battery being larger and no mention from them either.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Could Have Better Than Expected Battery Life?

"After more than 5 hours of heavy (“lots of surfing” and brightness at max) of use, you can see that the device still has 45% left on it."

If there was 5 hours of heavy use and "lots of surfing", where's the apps on this list? Where's the browser?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
"After more than 5 hours of heavy (“lots of surfing” and brightness at max) of use, you can see that the device still has 45% left on it."

If there was 5 hours of heavy use and "lots of surfing", where's the apps on this list? Where's the browser?
This is a good point. Wtf batman!?!?

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Genius question. Never thought of that....where is the browser???

spruce_rd

Reaction score

Please stop!
You are asking very uncomfortable questions!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can just call me King Tut... I can figure out a way to justify anything in a way that fits what I'm hoping for.... I'm king of da Nile.

johnd09

Reaction score
If that turns out to be true I may have to find a way to get it, I want it, but the 'bolt has got me for another year unless I sell it and buy outright.