Nexus "prime" vs galaxy nexus

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
sooo supposedly the nexus "prime" is gonna be the better nexus device and is gonna come with better specs than the one thats comin on verizon. the verizon nexus is supposed to hav a 1.2 ghz OMAP 4460 processor with a 5 mp camera. but the nexus "prime",which is supposed to hav better specs, is gonna have the new 1.5 ghz exynos processor and a 8mp camera. its also supposed hav a much bigger battery. if this is true verizon really dropped the ball again. but at least ours is gonna hav LTE :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DroidForums

jev

Reaction score
For my sake I hope you're right as I plan on leaving Verizon as soon as my contract is up in Dec. and am planning on the Prime being my next phone. I doubt there will be a great amount of difference in speed though.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Please stop these threads. I swear I've read this thread a hundred times.

this has been talked about already? sorry haven't been on the forums in awhile. sorry about that

sent from my Droid bionic prototype

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
this has been talked about already? sorry haven't been on the forums in awhile. sorry about that

No worries friend... we sometimes forget that not everyone that posts here spends as much time on this site as others and to be honest the frustration isn't with you, it is with the lack of information and numerous conflicting rumors that have been swirling about this phone.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't mean to blow you up, but the amount of misinformation on this phone is simply mind boggling.

all that info I put in my first post I got from droid-life. and kellex is normally spot on when it comes to his info. Ur saying all the things I stated are false? (again sorry if this was all discussed already)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there are so many different specs floating around about this device, nobody knows for sure. It also hasn't been confirmed that the Prime and the Nexus aren't actually the same device. The latest rumor I've read (today) says OMAP 1.5ghz, 8mp camera and a bunch of other really awesome specs. Plus it's stated that this device is definitely coming to Verizon and wait for it.....PURE VANILLA! Also, the Panda seems to think these specs are right in line. He's usually pretty spot on with his info. For all we know the exynos may be the processor they're sticking in the Nexus for other carriers in the coming months. The poster from AC states that this device is essentially mind blowing. If the poster is legit, this will be THE PHONE to have, regardless of whatever other phone may be rumored to be similar.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what we are dealing with when it comes to what may or may not be behind the Nexus(Not including what has been leaked today):

Rumored Specs Over Last 2 Months

November Release
Samsung Device
ICS at Launch
Majority say its Coming to all major carriers/Some think Verizon will never have a pure Google phone
4.65-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, 5MP camera
metal chassis
curved screen (a la Nexus S)
looks similar to the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S II, with a round-edged body, but also similar to the Nexus S with a curved screen
Samsung's Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5GHz
Some feel that the Exynos chip was to late to the game to make it into this phone
1gb RAM
16gb internal memory (with sd card slot)
8.8mm thick
metal body
2000mAh battery
weighing in at around 130g-140g
Is NOT the GT-I9250 (the 9250 has been certified as a GSM phone)
GSM Leaked Specs 10/6/11

dual-core 1.5GHz
dual-core GPU from Imagination.
PowerVR SGX543MP2(the same GPU found in the iPad 2 (and quite probably on the iPhone 4S as well))
8-megapixel, full 1080p HD video-shooting camera with some sort of an improved sensor.
2050mAh one
LTE-enabled
dual-mode GSM/CDMA radio
4.65-inch, 1280x720 pixels screen
BGR's "Confirmed" Specs 10/6/11

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
9mm thin
4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
1GB of RAM
32GB of built-in storage
5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
1080p HD video capture support
LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
NFC
1,750 mAh battery

Random Google+ Guy 10/6/11

Display: 4.65-inch HD(1280x720) Super AMOLED
Camera: 8 megapixel (flash)/2 megapixel on the front
Battery: 1850 mAh
Value added features: 1.5GHz dual core AP, embedded 16GB memory
Bluetooth 3.0 HS, WiFi a/b/g/n

Android Police Source 10/12/11

OMAP 4460 processor rated at 1.5GHz, model confirmed; pending exact clock speed
32GB internal storage
no SD card slot (like the Nexus S, argh)
LED notification (unlike the Nexus S)
1GB RAM
LTE
NFC
1080p HD recording @30fps
5MP rear camera
possibly some sort of a time lapse feature
Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0
Internally, known as Tuna/Tuna 4G as well as Toro (product/device)
Galaxy Nexus name
large screen - wasn't able to confirm the exact size

alboboy10

Reaction score
Only another 24 hours until you know exactly. Eastern time at eight is the conference so lets wait and see. Larry page said something amazing is gonna be on this phone, after the release of the 4s which I'm sure he followed he wouldn't make such a bold statement if he felt that it was false. So I have no doubt this device will be great.

5mp camera? Doubt it.

I just hope battery life on it is excellent. Hoping for a big battery. I don't want a cheap and light typical Samsung device build quality is essential to me. Its definitely gonna be a beast in performance no doubt about that.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Umm jaja I know this is kinda stupid but in california at around wat time will that be

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Umm jaja I know this is kinda stupid but in california at around wat time will that be

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Re posting from another thread:

Sorry about that!!

To clear it up, the Razr event is tomorrow at:

14:30 Eastern
13:30 Central
12:30 Mountain
11:30 Pacific

The Nexus Event is tomorrow:

22:00 Easten
21:00 Central
20:00 Mountain
19:00 Pacific

Note: I can't speak for Arizona, because I can't keep up with them and their crazy non-daylight savings time rules hahaha

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This reminds me of the whole Etna/Targa stuff from Moto back during the summer.