ICS 6.16.206 Stock Blur leak

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, i don't know much about the bionic but just know that the d4 is essentially a smaller RAZR with a keyboard.

But the razr is no longer in the same stage. Motorola officially announced Q2 for razr and Q3 for bionic and d4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

EARLY Q3 for the Bionic. The difference between "Q2" and "Early Q3" could be as little as a day. If the RAZR build went OTA on June 30th it would still be "Q2".

If the Bionic update pushed on July 1st, it would be "early Q3".

By stage I meant both are in "Development" - last chart said "Evaluation & Planning"

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
EARLY Q3 for the Bionic. The difference between "Q2" and "Early Q3" could be as little as a day. If the RAZR build went OTA on June 30th it would still be "Q2".

If the Bionic update pushed on July 1st, it would be "early Q3".

By stage I meant both are in "Development" - last chart said "Evaluation & Planning"
who cares about when the bionic is getting the update, this is the DROID 4 forum, not the bionic forum...

Big D

Reaction score
So what's the concensus? It would seem that this .206 is the beta for the OTA as it came out nearly immediately after the 1st leak. No?

It seems like it's hit or miss with being able to move from .200 to .206. Is that the case?

If everyone can modify the fastboot thing and get back to stock (and it's not just a few of us who have gotten lucky), is .206 the way to go? Should we go with .200?

Looking for guidance as I am getting impatient with waiting for ICS.

Thanks, gang.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have not flashed this. For those that have I am curious to the build date as in comparison to the 200 leak.

Garlick

Reaction score
I found this while doing my daily search:

Verizon confirms updates to add global capabilities to DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX, Rezound, and DROID 4

Is it possible that these leaks also enable GSM? Could that also be the reason we can't fastboot back to GB?

No, not quite.

When you change kernel versions, which is what was needed in order to upgrade to true ICS, the XML files are not written for that kernel, and when they go through their secondary checks for install, the installation fails.

There is a possibility of someone re-writing the XML files to match the new kernel information, but my understanding is this is a bit involved. So eventually it should happen, if someone takes the time to do it. Otherwise, we might just have to wait for fastboot files that are ICS specific.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Are you able to connect to a computer with .206? I know people were not able to tether with .200

Recnamoruen

Reaction score
So I keep trying to flash this on top of .200 but I keep getting build.prop errors, is anyone else having this issue?

Houdiniact

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install this.... does anybody know??

Meptrep

Reaction score
I went from .200 to .206 no issue, just did the same thing I did when going from stock to .200...

jfr34k1ykwh04

Reaction score
How did you install this? I went throught the whole process in recovery like I did for .200 but i always get an error

Garlick

Reaction score
I did the upgrade from 200 to 206 directly.

I actually did a simple, reboot into recovery, install update from sdcard, selected the update, and installed.

I also ran voodoo rootkeeper, temp. uninstalled root, then restored root once the installation was complete.

Now, I did not freeze any bloatware, and I did not install safestrap. So there were absolutely no changes to the OS on my phone pre-install.

ADB works perfectly fine on the 206 build.

Last edited: