I love my Nexus

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to tell you... I've owned the OG Droid for 2 years, then the Bionic, and now the Galaxy Nexus.

This is by far the best phone I have ever owned.

Yes it has some bugs to be fixed but all new phones do.

And I will tell you after spending a ton of time at Verizon, this screen cannot be beat. The battery life is better than the Bionic. All around it's terrific.

terigox

Reaction score
+1

Same exact sentiments here! I was about through with Android because of the issues and terrible battery life. Nexus has saved the day so far!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mikedomo

Reaction score
Is great heard that is a big trouble for many android devices, the battery life is the reason i will get a backup battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In on this crew. Cant put it down

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I really like the phone as well.

However, I'm personally noticing on my device a trend of random reboots each occurring sooner than the last... Basically had one within the first two days of having the device, then after about a week I began having one every day. Now today I had 2. I also notice the device seems to be heating up more often. I have tried resetting, doing battery pulls, etc. I already talked to VZW support to get my charger replaced as it was making a high pitched noise when plugged in but I'm thinking I might need the whole device replaced as well. Plus I also have a whole column of dead pixels. Its not noticeable on most tasks, but occaisionally it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Despite the issues though, I really love the large display and ICS overall. I don't think the battery life is too bad either although I am using the extended.. but the regular battery got me through the day just fine as well!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had only one reboot and that was on the second day.

It does heat up when I'm doing a ton of downloading or playing a game for a long time (or talking on the phone) but it's not that bad.

As far as I'm concerned if I can get 8-12 hours out of the battery before plugging it in that's more than enough for me. Especially since I plug it in all the time.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way someone at Verizon told me that the "smart actions" on the RAZR were not helpful at all and in fact cost more energy than they save. It's a marketing tool for a battery you cannot extend or replace.

Reaction score
Ummm Verizon sales reps = we know jack sh** about our devices. Smart action dose help trust me. They dont their a** from their elbow. They wanna sell you whatever is new. The razr is a great phone. Smart action dose save your battery i get 14 hours + when smart action is running with semi heavy use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it was a sales rep.

The RAZR isn't bad. It was my second choice but the screen was too terrible and the phone was not comfortable to hold.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ummm Verizon sales reps = we know jack sh** about our devices. Smart action dose help trust me. They dont their a** from their elbow. They wanna sell you whatever is new. The razr is a great phone. Smart action dose save your battery i get 14 hours + when smart action is running with semi heavy use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

No need for that kinda language here :)

Yes the consensus around here is we have members that have more info than Verizon reps but it is their job to sell phones after all. After working in a dealership myself I'll tell you 3/4 of the salesman don't know much about their cars that isn't found in a showroom pamphlet. They are sales people and its their job to sell, not know the device...though that does help with sales doesn't it. they keep their knowledge basic because they only tend to the general public not us techies on the boards :p

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I am + 1 on everything stated by SSHGuru. This has been a great phone. I I can't put it down as it is the ultimate toy. I haven't run InTo any issues at all and I am a 3 extended battery charges a day user. I have not had to do a single battery pull and have not had a forced reboot yet.

My smartphone history.
BlackBerry Storm (4 battery pulls a day) and next a Fascinate, first in town to get it and now the nexus. Long live Google phones.

jzmax22

Reaction score
I have to say, I love this phone. I've had the eris, og,x, and the bionic. This is the first phone I don't want to return. Have had no problems what so ever. Can't wait to see what further updates will do, as I don't see it getting better.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I ran some things in a meeting on the overhead yesterday. I must say this is the best phone I ever had. It worked like a champ. The best purchase I ever made. I think I made some new sales for the Nexus after the meeting.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran some things in a meeting on the overhead yesterday. I must say this is the best phone I ever had. It worked like a champ. The best purchase I ever made. I think I made some new sales for the Nexus after the meeting.

Nice, what were you running on the overhead and what apps did you use ?

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland