I love my Nexus

Dan_08

Reaction score
By the way someone at Verizon told me that the "smart actions" on the RAZR were not helpful at all and in fact cost more energy than they save. It's a marketing tool for a battery you cannot extend or replace.
Not coming here to bad mouh the Nexus but to clarify your mis information. Droid Razr Smart actions easily gets me to the 18 hrs mark on normal usage and well over 24 hrs on light usage. Also never had a random reboot, or needed an additional battery.

Please continue to send your ICS bug reports in so when us Razr guys gets its flawless.

Reaction score
This being my first android phone, I'm totally satisfied and am enjoying the heck out of it regardless of battery life (which I know is a direct result of my heavy use).

azules9780

Reaction score
I just got mine last night and I love the phone! I had the OG, StarWarsD2 and now this! This feels special like the OGD1 did. And for the record, the Razor was nice and everyone I know with it and smart actions say they work very well. Plus I liked the Resound too. I guess the biggest thing I learned is Android has something for everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Josefius

Reaction score
I love mine too! I've had mine almost 24 hours now and it's great. The only gripe I have is the google search bar I can't remove, but other than that... it's freaking awesome.

Previously I had the Incredible, Droid1, Droid R2D2 and now this... love this the best :)

chefb

Reaction score
Ir is a sexy beast......on my replacement from Verizon my random boot out of the browser is less frequent.

Htown315

Reaction score
Not coming here to bad mouh the Nexus but to clarify your mis information. Droid Razr Smart actions easily gets me to the 18 hrs mark on normal usage and well over 24 hrs on light usage. Also never had a random reboot, or needed an additional battery.

Please continue to send your ICS bug reports in so when us Razr guys gets its flawless.

Smart actions isn't reinventing the wheel its just making it more convenient to perform certain tasks. You are not saving anymore battery than any other phone with data,GPS,sync,..etc turned off. Is it a cool program? Yes but its not saving your battery in any new way that isn't being done already.

captdroid

Reaction score

:D Will do but don't expect any software OS or otherwise to ever be flawless... and you will be running a variation of ICS such as blurred version if ICS gets released officially for the Razr or a custom ROM version... not the same ICS that Google specifically makes to run optimally on a Nexus :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'll admit when I first heard the Nexus was going to be a Sammy I wished it was Moto making it. After owning this baby for a couple of weeks I can say with 100% certainty it is rock solid! All of my friends have smart phones and I've played with every brand, make and flagship model. I really could be happy with most of them (iphone excluded) but the Nexus is by far the best phone I've ever met. I cant seem to go more than 5 minutes without playing with it and marveling at how smooth it is! (that's not what she said :p)

soulshot96

Reaction score
I also love this phone, I came from a fascinate that pissed me off on a daily basis, lag, lag, lag, was all that thing ever seemed to do! Even overclocked running vanilla gingerbread! So happy with the nexus! And it doesn't hurt that my friends are jealous as hell. :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Smart actions is basically a fancy Task Killer. It's always running and you know what happens when something runs all the time. Or when you stop something to have it restart automatically.

Most of us know Task Killers are terrible.

Smart actions isn't reinventing the wheel its just making it more convenient to perform certain tasks. You are not saving anymore battery than any other phone with data,GPS,sync,..etc turned off. Is it a cool program? Yes but its not saving your battery in any new way that isn't being done already.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Smart actions is basically a fancy Task Killer. It's always running and you know what happens when something runs all the time. Or when you stop something to have it restart automatically.

Most of us know Task Killers are terrible.

I don't think so. Its more like a Tasker, Llama, etc... Why else would the Razr have a task killer _and_ smart actions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Coming from the Droid on day 1 (11/7/09) to day 1 for the Galaxy Nexus (12/15/11) I have to say this is the best phone I've owned so far. My only gripe is the battery back. Too slickery. Wish there was one that was more rubberized or sticky. Tends to slip out of my hand if I don't have an iPhone deathgrip on it.
DancingNexus