I love my Nexus

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Coming from the Droid on day 1 (11/7/09) to day 1 for the Galaxy Nexus (12/15/11) I have to say this is the best phone I've owned so far. My only gripe is the battery back. Too slickery. Wish there was one that was more rubberized or sticky. Tends to slip out of my hand if I don't have an iPhone deathgrip on it.
DancingNexus

Try the feather light case from Incipio. Slim and makes the phone grip!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
the diztronic cases are great too. Best value by a landslide in my opinion.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Droid on day 1 (11/7/09) to day 1 for the Galaxy Nexus (12/15/11) I have to say this is the best phone I've owned so far. My only gripe is the battery back. Too slickery. Wish there was one that was more rubberized or sticky. Tends to slip out of my hand if I don't have an iPhone deathgrip on it.
DancingNexus

k, what's slickery?

heh, I actually like the back plate, it uses plastic without feeling cheap.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I hear what the (OP) is saying, I had the OG, DX, and The Bionic <<--- I actually Loved that Phone, and now the Galaxy Nexus, I haven't suffered from any of the issue I had heard about during the first couple of weeks, and my Bionic was working so well I decided to wait a bit on the GNexus. I'm Rooted and sporting NovaLauncher - I don't even need a ROM, being Rooted (can't stand Ads) and Nova; I'm set - No Complaints at all! Best Droid (Android) I've ever had... Guess you really Love your Nexus, when you're setting at the Vaio (Computer) and still suffering on your Nexus :)

Last edited:

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I don't want a case for my phone. I haven't found one that I couldn't do without, besides it'd be a pain to constantly remove it for the car dock. I'd rather have a different battery cover that wasn't so slippery. Sometimes when I'm texting one handed, the phone slips almost to the point of dropping.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I love mine too! I've had mine almost 24 hours now and it's great. The only gripe I have is the google search bar I can't remove, but other than that... it's freaking awesome.

Previously I had the Incredible, Droid1, Droid R2D2 and now this... love this the best :)

I hated that Google Search bar taking up real estate too, than I Rooted it and then there was only one, but you can remove it, and this is the easiest way to Root your Nexus: Here

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the Bionic from the first day and then swapped it for the Nexus the first day. The Bionic wasn't terrible - however the screen doesn't compare and the build doesn't compare. Not to mention being stock.

I think the best phones out now are 1) Nexus, 2) RAZR, 3) Bionic.

I don't consider HTC phones because Sense stinks and they throw terrible batteries in them.

I can easily live with the Nexus for a few years. Also I like the 32G internal not split up like Moto has been doing. No more need for apps2sd and no more complaining about the sd-ext not being accessible.

I hear what the (OP) is saying, I had the OG, DX, and The Bionic <<--- I actually Loved that Phone, and now the Galaxy Nexus, I haven't suffered from any of the issue I had heard about during the first couple of weeks, and my Bionic was working so well I decided to wait a bit on the GNexus. I'm Rooted and sporting NovaLauncher - I don't even need a ROM, being Rooted (can't stand Ads) and Nova; I'm set - No Complaints at all! Best Droid (Android) I've ever had... Guess you really Love your Nexus, when you're setting at the Vaio (Computer) and still suffering on your Nexus :)

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to live Stock for a while until we get a few updates. I also would like a one click root like I had with the OG Droid.

I hated that Google Search bar taking up real estate too, than I Rooted it and then there was only one, but you can remove it, and this is the easiest way to Root your Nexus: Here

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I had the Bionic from the first day and then swapped it for the Nexus the first day. The Bionic wasn't terrible - however the screen doesn't compare and the build doesn't compare. Not to mention being stock.

I think the best phones out now are 1) Nexus, 2) RAZR, 3) Bionic.

I don't consider HTC phones because Sense stinks and they throw terrible batteries in them.

I can easily live with the Nexus for a few years. Also I like the 32G internal not split up like Moto has been doing. No more need for apps2sd and no more complaining about the sd-ext not being accessible.

You are indeed correct about the best phone lineup as well as that damn Sd / Sd-ext that much I hated because it seemed that the Sd was the by default with no way to change, but those days are over :)

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I'm going to live Stock for a while until we get a few updates. I also would like a one click root like I had with the OG Droid.

This one is about as close to One-Click you're gonna get now, its much easier that installing that Damn SDK :)

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This one is about as close to One-Click you're gonna get now, its much easier that installing that Damn SDK :)

Sure for now but the nexus just came out. I waited a year to root my og droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are indeed correct about the best phone lineup as well as that damn Sd / Sd-ext that much I hated because it seemed that the Sd was the by default with no way to change, but those days are over :)

And motorola kept saying the memory had to be that way for ics. Well we have the google phone and they are wrong.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Yup, guess that's one reason Google brought them, for their hardware and to show them how its done...