Help me with my Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Downtime, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Downtime

Downtime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just purchased my Galaxy Nexus, and am completely loving it. I upgraded from the OG, which I got a few months ago rooted by a friend. Now that I have the Nexus I feel kind of overwhelmed. Does anyone here mind compiling me must-have apps for the phone.

Also I've heard things like battery conditioning, and other things like that. I can anyone tell me how or what types of stuff like that I should do. Lastly I would like to root my phone, but do not trust myself doing it yet. Can someone link me to guides I can look at for the OG DROID so I can practice. Thanks slot in advanced!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,643
  3. Downtime

Downtime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh wow, thanks! What is adb? As far as apps go, I guess just any that are must haves for any android phone. Something that makes normal processes on the phone easier you don't think me or any beginner would know about. Sorry for being so general haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    oh wow, i recommend taking it easy or you may get constipated with ice cream

5. 2ksilverbullet

Ratings:
    +0
    So far, Light Flow was a must have for me, otherwise you're getting pretty much zero notification. Also Volume+ (free from the developers site) to boost the volume. Otherwise, a few 'nice to haves' below:

Tiny flashlight
    alarm clock extreme
    netflix
    paypass locator (to find places that take google wallet)
    swype (there's a working apk floating around)

6. dandaman11223344

Ratings:
    +0
    ADB is what allows you to send commands to your phone from your computer. It's what developers use. As far as rooting goes, it's very different than on the OG droid. Just follow the guides and you will be fine. Most likely, if something does go wrong it will just be a soft brick that you can restore by flashing the stock rom that google released.

Good luck.