I know you won't believe me but here goes nothing

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's all great and stuff...but I'm stuck with my Droid as is for the next 23 months...unless this one has an "unfortunate accident" on month 11.5 :)

At least this thing will be getting software updates along the way. The form factor is just fine to me, keyboard and all.

They let you upgrade at month 20....on a 24 month agreement :)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
My friend from Google showed me the Nexus One running 2.1 last week--it was pretty slick. I personally didn't like the hardware, but am definitely excited to run the OS. ;) The Nexus One (Google phone) is done in partnership with HTC and has no physical keyboard. However, again, was pretty slick and looked like an Eris with a single hardware button at the bottom.

Should be out in the next month or two.

- Mega

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Oh--and the back had a QR-Code with the Android bot holding it as a "flag". My buddy was wondering if they were individually coded (so the Google police could track folks down), but I wasn't able to read / scan it.

At any rate, another tidbit of info to chew on.

- Mega

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dammit. I don't want to spend 600 on another phone.

Who spent 600.00 on the droid? I certainly didn't.

Doesn't mean you have to spend money on a new phone and if a Droid 2 comes out it doesn't mean that they will stop supporting the Droid.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who spent 600.00 on the droid? I certainly didn't.

Well, good for you.....

I wasn't eligible for any upgrades, and no one at VZW wanted to do anything for me; so I bit the bullet and paid full retail.... $569, IIRC.... Close enough to $600 not to argure over.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
worthlessd.gif