HD Video Recording on Droid => Would you donate ?

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

actually im in contact with charnsingh from xda developers. he created the outstanding HD video recording hack for nexus one. he also told me, that it would hardware wise definately possible to make hd video work on the droid ! but he dont have a droid to test and program it.

so i thought it would be a good idea, if he creates a donate app for hd video recording on droid for the market. everyone who own this app donate him 1,50 $ or 1 euro and if we just have 300 people he could buy hisself a droid.

what do you mean about this ? i asked him what he think about the idea and waiting for his reply. But would you support such a donation ? greets.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We already have it.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i mean REAL hd recording. 1280x720 pixels. not the camera mods outthere. as far as i know 720p does NOT exist actually for droid. if you know otherwise just gimme a link. thx.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was an error in the description of the Droid X saying it had 720p, but that wasn't true.

As far as donating for 720p on the Droids tiny screen, not me. 720p is made for large screens IMHO.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think 720p would even fit well on the Droid's "small" screen.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
arghhhhhhhh. not PLAYBACK 720p like i wrote RECORDING videos in 720p. sometimes would be nice if the guys read the full post....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

actually im in contact with charnsingh from xda developers. he created the outstanding HD video recording hack for nexus one. he also told me, that it would hardware wise definately possible to make hd video work on the droid ! but he dont have a droid to test and program it.

so i thought it would be a good idea, if he creates a donate app for hd video recording on droid for the market. everyone who own this app donate him 1,50 $ or 1 euro and if we just have 300 people he could buy hisself a droid.

what do you mean about this ? i asked him what he think about the idea and waiting for his reply. But would you support such a donation ? greets.

I took the part I bolded to mean to say that it would play 720p on the Droid. Sorry if I misunderstood but that's what I saw.

Mojo

Reaction score
I'm sure many would find this worth a small donation. But, I think its a risk the developer will have to take. Only way I buy or donate is if it works well and is proven to do so by good reviews.

the3dolla

Reaction score
arghhhhhhhh. not PLAYBACK 720p like i wrote RECORDING videos in 720p. sometimes would be nice if the guys read the full post....

LOL, I thought the same thing. "arrrrrgghhhhh" then I read your post and laughed. Kind of like people at work, I write a 10 line email and when they reply back I know they pretty much read the first line only.

720p recording would be pretty sweet though.

LOL, 720p screen? what are they doing to do.. add pixels??? hah

kennydied23

Reaction score

Do you know if he's going to put it on the market soon? I have about five or six of my buddies willing to donate as soon as possible lol

Jer

Reaction score
I would pay a buck for 720p video capture as long as it's physically possible with the hardware that the Droid comes with.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd pay more than a few bucks for this, easy. If it worked well...

The HD video recording features of all of these new devices is what's tempting me over to them the most... We have little kids and a flipcam (non-HD). Having something that will record in HD would be great.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well it seems to be charnsingh doesnt like the idea so much. today i got mail from him :

Seriously tellin I am not lookin for money or anything here. I am here just for fun n learning. If it was for money I would have a donate app for nexus one already on market n with froyo source I already would be providing a paid app in market. I have enough of my own n I don't need another device. I just need one for testing n I am in India where Droid is not available easily so its all hard for me. I'll try tinkering with the source n tell u my results

Robster

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well. I would also be willing to pay a few dollars if that helped, which it doesn't seem to at this time. But please keep us posted on what Charnsingh does with it.