New Droid soon??

carolheinz

Reaction score
A man in the verizon store nearby told me a new motorola droid would be coming out in march.. told me to look at phonearena.com, etc ... but i dont see it there in the upcoming phones... anyone have a clue?? i want a droid but would want one with a better keyboard, which is what he said it would have.. he even showed me something on his computer at the store which was a pic of the new droid.. but i cant find any info on it anywhere... any input??

RLJSlick

Reaction score
There been a rumor for a while now, that a new Droid would come out, and it would have a better camera, and keyboard. You have to assume the popularity of the Droid would spur a new version. Motorola is really pumping out a lot of phones now also, so it make sense.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Rumor, nothing more....

OP
C

carolheinz

Reaction score
Hmmm ok:) yes i would think they would def. improve that keyboard! so im waiting and waiting and waiting lol

Womp

Reaction score
He's probably referring to the Motorola Devour.

Yodes

Reaction score
He's probably referring to the Motorola Devour.

Yup this. The Moto Devour is supposed to be released in March. It does have a better keyboard but other than that is inferior spec wise to the Droid. Its a more midrange smartphone.

The reason he said Droid was because to Verizon the Droid is not a phone. Droid is a line of phones. Its all their android devices. So its like you have the Motorola Droid, the HTC Droid Eris, and now the Motorola Droid Devour or something like that.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Devour is a moto drod devour....it will be in March and have BLUR on it. As far as Droid 2 noting yet,,also looks like the N1 may not arrive until June

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Devour is a moto drod devour....it will be in March and have BLUR on it. As far as Droid 2 noting yet,,also looks like the N1 may not arrive until June

When Google announced that the N1 would be coming to Verizon "in the spring," I assumed that meant on or about June 22, at best. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in August, just in time for the "back to school" rush.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i want a droid with no keyboard. is anything like that in the works? droid specs with no keyboard?

CatsTide

Reaction score

cuskit

Reaction score
you mean eris?

Yup! I was pulled out of class the day they had spelling.. :blush: Thanks - mikey
i wasn't trying to be smart(this time) just wondering if there was another model on the horizon. eris's specs are far inferior to the droids....i want something with the same or better specs than the droid.
Sure - I figured that! You did not come across as anything but civil! I realized later I had spelled it wrong and had come back to correct it when I saw your post. :)

I referenced that model as closest to the MotoDroid more so with android than actual specs. To date I think all current phones are inferior to the Droid, even N1 despite its 2.1 os.. mike