HTC Incredible OTA Update Mysteriously Arrives!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Got the update , hopefully improves battery life

I've looked through the update zip file. There is nothing that would change battery life. Its exactly what the release notes say it is:

An email fix. They also included a new recovery image as well, which I find interesting. Stealth security fix to prevent rooting maybe?

*shrug*

intenselyinsane

Reaction score
Its real

Last night I got the pta update. I thought it was not true like most everyone does. I got pics of all the update screens. Hard to read cause of my crapy Samsung camera but you can make it out and tell they are not photoshoped. I will upload them as soon as I can. Still cant figure out what it fixed though.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you look a couple posts above yours, you will know.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
It cracks me up that people think it's some big mystery. Why don't you read the screen on your phone before hitting okay? It clearly said for information regarding this update, visit verizonwireless.com/droidincrediblesupport on the phone itself. It wasn't exactly hard to figure out XD

matt30

Reaction score
Whats the difference between buisness email and regular old exchange server email?

droidism

Reaction score
I got mine today. Oddly enough though, while it took care of some of the issues I was having it created others, my speach tot ext has stopped working and certain apps I have slowed or stopped, Including weather channel and handcent peridodically. The sound is also acting up. The volume seems to have dimminished. It gets louder and then seems to quiet back down.

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Pointless update for me since I only use personal email. But it did cause the Android market search to stop working for me. Dunno if any other user has experienced this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

matt30

Reaction score
Market and speech to text are working for me. Got the update this morning.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I wish this update fixed the signal bars but i guess next time.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I think this update was a mask for something else ;)

BzB

Reaction score
Personally, I think this update was a mask for something else ;)

maybe they thought they could sneak something in to make it more difficult to get root access? lol @ them...resistance is futile. ;)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
+1

The reason the up[date was the size that it was, is because there is a recovery image that was flashed as well.