HTC Incredible OTA Update Mysteriously Arrives!

jonbar87

Reaction score
The phone throttling up and back using the processor? Or just gets tighter control of the power usage?

They'd better not underclock after i've made my purchase. Hehehe

I believe the incredible runs now at 245Mhz when idle, then I suppose at 1000Mhz if needed.... a tweak for battery life should not kill performance but only tweak how its used.

where are you getting this info from?

Hey_Man

Reaction score
No Update

It's strange but I have not received an update and when I go to system updates it says that the system is currently up to date. When I go to software number its 1.22.605.0

Threepio

Reaction score
It's strange but I have not received an update and when I go to system updates it says that the system is currently up to date. When I go to software number its 1.22.605.0

me too, no OTA yet for me.

pmas

Reaction score
None of the concerns/issues are being addressed in the OTA update. The update has something to do with exchange mail. I was reading about it yesterday. No reason to be waiting at the edge of your seat for it.
Here it is:
http://www.phonenews.com/htc-incredible-already-receiving-first-ota-update-11102/

Honestly, I have no complaints with this phone. It blows the Droid and N1 away..and yes, I have a rooted Droid to compare. the call quality alone is worth the price of the Incredible.

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no complaints with this phone. It blows the Droid and N1 away..and yes, I have a rooted Droid to compare. the call quality alone is worth the price of the Incredible.

Your right.. there are pros and cons.. but the bottom line is that this is a phone... and while reception may be a squeak better on the moto... the call quality is outstanding on the Inc...
I don't know if it makes a difference but I turned voice privacy off and mine sounds like a landline to folks and on my end too.

Funny.. Vrzn is offering a by one get one free "or next lesser"... so my Son in law got a Inc and my daughter "his wife" got a Moto.... by default, the moto now has the voice privacy turned off!... humm.. I wonder why??? LOL!

I went to turn it off knowing thats one of the tweaks that helps call quality on the moto "along with changing vocoded to EVRC-B" and it was already off!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow. Just business email, and they completely forgot about accessibility apps/options?

Thats impressively naive of them.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Ota update!!!!!

Just did a battery pull on my incredible, rebooted and low and behold a pop up said system update would you like to download now? If this is for the exchange update then disregard but I think only business users received that update right?

Threepio

Reaction score
I got the OTA today. I dont use exchange or anything so i didnt notice any differences.

Threepio

Reaction score
I dont use exchange at all and i got this OTA update today.

kmo

Reaction score
Seems like this is an update that will only address a small sector of users.... Edit: For what it's worth, just received the update.

Last edited:

R24D24

Reaction score
I just read this post, checked for system update, and there it was. Downloading now! It is also confirmed on Verizon's site that it is indeed for improved stability for business email.

Last edited: