HTC Incredible OTA Update Mysteriously Arrives!

ChansteR

Reaction score
Yep, I got the update as I was typing a text just now. Sweetness.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i got it too. what is the update for? what did it update?

It fixes a few small issues. There was another thread a few days ago about this as well. Motorola did a similar thing when it first released the Droid.

Reaction score
Thanks I just read another thread about it. But i am using exchange and still cannot figure it out. i think they added an icon at the bottom of the screen for favs but not sure.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
update

Hello all I just woke up to the promt to get the update as well. I am really wondering what it does. Should I run it, or you think it will just make it harder to root once a method of rooting comes out. I know with the moto droid I jumped on the update and had to wait a long time for a root method to work without having to drop back to 2.0 or 2.01 in order to root.

any info about this would make me feel better about running the update on my incredible.

UPdate I see its an email thing I dont use email via there app but I guess I can let it run hoping it wont make it harder for me to root once a mothod is available

Last edited:

Shoop

Reaction score
I noticed after the update my 3g icon is gone. anyone else have this?

Shoop

Reaction score
Okay, My 3g icon shows up if I turn off my wifi. When I turn my wifi back on and connect to my router the 3g icon goes away. Is this normal?