HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read online that the HDinc is going to be delayed because its getting an LTE radio and that will mean more testing.
Get the DX its a great phone.

Reaction score
I read online that the HDinc is going to be delayed because its getting an LTE radio and that will mean more testing.

Can you make the Droid X look like HTC phones? HTC phones come with a flip clock weather widget... the Eris has this... and I absolutely love the way it looks. Can you get this feature on android phones that aren't made by HTC?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Megan even though the new phones will be LTE capable it doesn't mean they wont run on the 3G network. People are assuming since it will be LTE they will be forced to use it. It will simply be an OPTION made available via a LTE sim card. LTE capable devices WILL run over 3G.

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Megan even though the new phones will be LTE capable it doesn't mean they wont run on the 3G network. People are assuming since it will be LTE they will be forced to use it. It will simply be an OPTION made available via a LTE sim card. LTE capable devices WILL run over 3G.

Sent from my Droid

I hope your right about LTE being optional. That would be way better than Sprints dedicated $10/month for 4G weather or not you have 4G in your area.

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
yeah, but i dont know how to root, if i screw up or if someone screws it up for me im out a phone. and like i said, something is reeeeaaalllly wrong with my droid (stock by the way)... i should of kept my flip phone! dang it. lol

H412D

Reaction score
QUESTION:

If I were to buy this device in January, could I put it on a $30/unlimited 3g plan? Or would I HAVE to pay the extra fee for 4g even though I will never use it since I don't have 4g in my area?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not in one of the areas where LTE is going to be initially launched... so I find it funny (and slightly aggravating) that I've got to wait for new devices so they can be LTE capable... even though I won't be able to take advantage of LTE for a while.

oh irony... how you make things entertaining :)

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
QUESTION:

If I were to buy this device in January, could I put it on a $30/unlimited 3g plan? Or would I HAVE to pay the extra fee for 4g even though I will never use it since I don't have 4g in my area?

you will have to pay for 4g. even if you dont have it in your area. and im sure it will be more than sprints $10 4g plan.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Can you make the Droid X look like HTC phones? HTC phones come with a flip clock weather widget... the Eris has this... and I absolutely love the way it looks. Can you get this feature on android phones that aren't made by HTC?

Megan the answer is yes you can download Beautiful Widgets.. I have it on my DX.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
QUESTION:

you will have to pay for 4g. even if you dont have it in your area. and im sure it will be more than sprints $10 4g plan.
4g will not be mandatory... You won't HAVE to pay for it. 3g will still be functional.

edit: until it's nationwide I can't see how they'd make you pay for something you can't use!

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Sent from my Droid

I hope your right about LTE being optional. That would be way better than Sprints dedicated $10/month for 4G weather or not you have 4G in your area.
now once it's fully rolled out I'm sure that will change. But from what I understand at first launch it will simply be an option because of the obvious (majority of customers wont have it in their area)

unseenme

Reaction score

61d85750-7866-8d5d.jpg

Funny you should ask that. This is my homescreen.

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
QUESTION:

4g will not be mandatory... You won't HAVE to pay for it. 3g will still be functional.
: ) and we just covered this on the previous page.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
QUESTION:

Just posting some semi-recent news about Sprint's $10 4G fee and how it might even be disappearing:

Sprint Premium $10 4G Fee Going Away? [Sprint, Clearwire Dispute May Lead To The End Of The $10 Premium Data Fee For EVO 4G, Epic 4G] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

juice1113

Reaction score
Is it still worth getting the original DINC or should i get the Droid X or Samsung Cativate?

Status
Not open for further replies.