HTC EVO 3D vs Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by jeremycnly, Apr 12, 2011.

1. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a friend that has a a regular EVO 4G and it's a good phone but I get faster speeds on 3G then he gets on 4G. When I showed him the speed test with LTE he about pooped his pants. I think it would be cool to have the 3D camera from the EVO 3D though.

I have had my TBolt since March 17 and at first I had alot of issues with power but now I easily get 1.5-2 days before I need to recharge the phone unless I use it for tethering out in the wild with no access to a plug. I use a 6 foot USB cable and bought one of these to use in my car:

Rocketfish™ - USB Vehicle Power Adapter - Black - RF-M357

2. jeremycnly

jeremycnly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea see that's it, when it comes to internet speed on a phone, I'm not a speed whore. When u switch between 4G and 3G and load up Google how much faster is the load time? .0125 secs faster? Most people are not gonna notice the extra speed of 4G because its bottlenecked by the phones hardware to begin with and doesn't necessarily mean u are gonna load pages faster then someone on 3G. I bet if LTE was available on this Droid web pages would load slower than your thunderbolt because of the hardware, but I could download a movie 10 mins though!
    Anyways I'm waiting to see the phone to actually utilize LTE, I don't want to be that douchebag to be like "Hey, look at my latest speed test...yup..uh huh, go recycle that trash you call a phone."

Then I would have no friends lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

#26 jeremycnly, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
  3. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you were typing that... did you think that it made sense? I don't think that anyone is really buying an LTE phone to improve web page loading time... I don't think I have seen a single advertisement that says "BUY and LTE device cuz it loads web pages like awesome!"... The real difference is downloading large files or uploading a video, etc.

Personally, I bought it for faster speeds when tethering. It's literally twice as fast as my cable internet speed and since I am a web developer I do alot of uploading. I can upload at around 100k/sec with cable... compare that with 700-800k/sec when tethered.

Another great feature of the LTE phones (on Verizon anyway) is that I can now use the internet while I am on the phone... so when I get a call any downloads or uploads are not interrupted. AT&T has had that capability forever but their network SUCKS here... so it's nice to have that ability on Verizon now.

Another benefit of the faster speed is that I can listen to a 128k radio stream and browse facebook or the web or whatever. I can't do that on my Droid because there isn't enough bandwidth and the stream cuts out.

#27 stonedoubt, Apr 15, 2011
  4. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117

Thats what she said

(sorry, couldn't resist)

5. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Evo 3D vs Thunderbolt

Thats like asking, what would you rather drive... A Ferrari Enzo in the US (max speed limit = 70) or a Lamborghini Gallardo on the Autobahn?

Nobody is going to argue that the Gallardo is a better vehicle than the Enzo. Thats crazy talk. The Enzo is a fantastic piece of machinery, but you aren't going to be able to show off its true potential because of the speeds its limited to. The Gallardo is a great car in its own right, but take it on the Autobahn and it'll blow your mind.

I say thats a fair comparison between the Evo 3D on Sprint vs the TBolt on Verizon.

6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol! Rebranded or not, the Thunderbolt is on a more reliable network with a much faster 4G service, a 2nd generation procesor, better quality pictures, etc that is much better than the one in the Evo 4G. That type of stuff is to be expected when a new phone comes out, it should be better than the prior version that the manufacturer released. Also it wouldn't make since for Sprint to introduce a phone simliar to the Evo 4G that Sprint has had for a year. Verizon still has a ways to go to provide that reliable 4G stability that 3G has, but they are still ahead of the game when it comes to overall service reliability.

#30 Larry_ThaGr81, Apr 15, 2011
  7. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    As a Verizon customer and owner of the Thunderbolt, I have no problem admitting that on paper the Evo 3D is a superior phone. Every carrier has at least one manufacturer that makes their high end phones. HTC does it for Sprint, and Motorola does it for Verizon.

8. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the heck out of my phone and surely wouldn't trade it in for a dual core processor phone, which is going to be phased out faster than it was introduced. If you factor in the known fact that HTC phones get horrible battery life compared to the competition and combine that with a power hungry dual core processor, it pretty much spells disaster. Carriers aside the Evo 3D should be a fine piece of equipment, but right now the Android community is starting to focus on the Thunderbolt because it's the closest current phone that has the same type of potential as the OG. Even when the Bionic releases, it won't ever build up enough steam to catch the Thunderbolt because it's too locked down.

9. jeremycnly

jeremycnly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which ultimately proves my point, u didn't buy the phone for its hardware specs. You bought it for the LTE capabilities. 250 dollars for a fast internet connection....No thanks. If u ever venture out of that LTE range your phone becomes just like all the other phones on the market with older specs. That's why I want to get the Evo 3d because even without the 4g its still extraordinary. IMO
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

#33 jeremycnly, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  10. camaroguy41208

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, awesome

This is my thunderbolt talking...

11. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,194
    Jeremy you aren't going to win this argument on thunderbolt forum. The odds are against you from the get go.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

12. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, he can argue until his face turns blue but he is fighting a loosing battle.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
3d over thunderbolt

htc evo 3d vs htc thunderbolt

thunderbolt vs evo 3d