How can the Thunderbolt be so under powered to the new Evo?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there will always be 'better' being speculated.... from the moment you purchase a device.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Exactly, there is always speculation. Unlike this mysterious device that may or may not be coming. Besides, it doesn't look THAT much better imo. 200Mhz faster with no apps to utilize the second core, a HD screen, .... <cough>. Big deal.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
.... OP, what are the specs related to in the OP?

A wishful device?.... not giving you a hard time, just don't understand at all what you're post means.

The EVO 3D.........

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
.... OP, what are the specs related to in the OP?

A wishful device?.... not giving you a hard time, just don't understand at all what you're post means.

The EVO 3D.........

thanks for quoting my post i went back and edited after I pulled my head out of my... you know what :icon_eek:

That's what I get for not reading AND comprehending.

.... I did figure it out however :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No matter what you buy its old technology already. You have to think once they make it they are sending it to another division to test it and to market it. About time it gets to the shelves they already halfway done with working on a newer device. I dont want to go broke chasing technology so the best thing is to find a device that is capable of lasting atleast a year and a half

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lols Martin....

BGKris

Reaction score
BTW. Isn't it 1 gb of RAM and 4 gb of internal storage not the other way around?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

slinky

Reaction score
Rumored new phones will always be better than what is currently released. That's just how it works :/

Agreed... although the higher powered processor now has a lower powered battery.

Reaction score
The OP makes a good point. The releases of these phones aren't THAT far apart, assuming it's true the EVO 3D comes out this summer.

Why the Bolt doesn't include a qHD display, a dual core processor, 1080p video recording, and Gingerbread is beyond me.

Why does Sprint get the better devices/specs? Because it's a better netw...wait, it's network sucks...

I like my new Bolt but it feels a year old just like buying an iPhone would have felt. I assume Verizon will be another 8 months behind apple for iPhone 5 too...

Shusuke028

Reaction score
BTW. Isn't it 1 gb of RAM and 4 gb of internal storage not the other way around?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I was thinking thata exact same thing, but didn't feel like replying in the small chance that I'm the only person that was thinking that.

But IMO there's no way, they would go from 1gb of RAM in phones to 4GB so suddenly. So I think it's definitely 1gb of RAM and 4gb of ROM

slinky

Reaction score
Sprint's network does not suck. I used it for a few years. There is little if any difference between it and Verizon's in most major metropolitan areas. The differences between carries varies as you move further away from major cities. In fact, I got the best signal in our underground trains from AT&T consistently, even though GSM provides a few more dead spots.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Check out the YouTube videos of the EVO 3D. it is a stellar piece of equipment. You can change the settings from 3D to 2D and back again. Lockscreen is amazing and the the Sense new cube effect is a very nice touch as well. This handset is going to be REALLY nice.

Kack

Reaction score
i love my tbolt i know its not the greatest but for what i do its great. the new 3d frills phones will be nice just as 3d tvs are nice. the evo 3d will be faster and have some added features. but all the new stuff coming out is always better than whats out now....

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Check out the YouTube videos of the EVO 3D. it is a stellar piece of equipment. You can change the settings from 3D to 2D and back again. Lockscreen is amazing and the the Sense new cube effect is a very nice touch as well. This handset is going to be REALLY nice.

Aside from the 3d recording and playback obviously, what do you think the chances are the tbolt will see the new features like the lockscreen and cube effect once it it updated to 2.3 (or 2.4)? Is this the new look of sense running on gb/ice cream? I sure hope so, those new animations look sweet.

Sent from my ADR6400L