How can the Thunderbolt be so under powered to the new Evo?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by 46hemi, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 46hemi

46hemi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Said to contain;
    4.3-inch qHD 960 x 450-pixel Autostereoscopic 3D display, 4GB of RAM, 1GB ROM, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, dual rear 5-megapixel camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera and a hefty 1730mAh battery

I dont get it

2. Jordan8

Jordan8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rumored new phones will always be better than what is currently released. That's just how it works :/

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Evo is not on true 4G, it's more like 3.5. Something they don't tell you.

4. 46hemi

46hemi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am talking screen, battery and proc. This is not a phone coming out in 2014.

5. Jordan8

Jordan8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's just something newer. Once it's released, you'll probably start seeing stuff about quad core etc lol

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh, my bad I thought we were talking about the current Evo. There's already been a few versions of it.

2014? Well there's your answer, this is only 2011 it might be considered garbage by 2014.

7. metzor

metzor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not 2014, but a few months is a lifetime in this industry. I got my original D1 2 months after it came out.. and look how underpowered hardware wise it was compared to the Inc and the DX which came out less than 6 months later. It's just what happens.

Also, Sprint's network = no thank you. And what in the hell am I going to do with 4 gigs of ram on my cell phone anyways? I don't care about bragging rights, my TB is blazing fast.

/shrug

8. 46hemi

46hemi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So what great phones were released in the last 6 months?

Also a bigger battery is not really cutting edge technology.

9. DJStormX

DJStormX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if the new EVO comes with a 1730mah battery and it fits the thunderbolt I will certainly be ordering one :)

10. Haloman800

Haloman800 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, but it's necissary to make a really good phone. Any phone is useless if it doesn't have a battery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Isn't this technology? I remember buying my first Dell workstation with the Quad core Q6600 processor thinking it was the fastest thing on earth and how I was on top of the world. In less than 2 months another quad core came out and blew mine away. Same thing with this phone, I know that dual core phones are coming out but I still decided to get this phone. Unlike a lot of smartphone owners, I use a phone for a phone. If I want to view a webpage, I'll do it on my laptop or desktop. Games? I do games on my desktop. I use my phone primarily to text/call family. Being able to view webpages while in line at college is a plus.

Still, I think these dual core phones are pre-mature. Like the day that dual-processor computers came out. Nothing utilized them for years and years. It wasn't till we got dual-core processors that software started to utilize the speed. That said, I'm still using my Q6600 workstation (quad core 2.4ghz) and 99% of what I do today only utilizes 1 processor. Even my games. I believe this will be the same with the Android world as well.

By the time a few years roll by, I think LTE and dualcore, quadcore? phones will be more standardized and I'll be ready to get a new phone, just like I was with my OG Droid and my Thunderbolt.

I think people forget, cell phones are primarily that, cell phones and tools that connect us to others. If you want a laptop, there's plenty of 13+ hour netbooks that would love to be tethered to your droid. I know I'm looking at getting one soon. :)

12. metzor

metzor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said sir.