[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

grimloktt

Reaction score
I removed it bc I read that safestrap is well, safer.

When I selected the backup file while in recovery.....The only options on the screen was"..." underneath it. How do you initiate the backup???

here is a pic of my old razr...it is plugged into usb, notice the white notification light. the pc will not recognize the razr. Nothing I do will turn it on. No splash screen, nothing. When I plug it into the charger I can get the Moto splash start up screen and a pic of the battery but it has a question mark on it.

I assume you have pushed the volume up/down buttons or power button after seeing the question mark? Not sure of button combinations, but on some devices you can hold power and volume up/down for a reset... Not sure where to go from here without having SBF files...

civilkaos

Reaction score
...and we have superuser!

lol, frickin awesome! the actual root only took like 45 seconds. So far, all is well :icon_ banana:

Thanks so much to all who contributed here

linktalk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, had my razer for half a day, took the leap and rooted using the first post. So far no problems. =) Btw, I am from Singapore and on Singtel. Just in case anyone who stumbles here wants to know if it works.

jamestheartist

Reaction score
I would assume that people who are capable of root would run multiple OS's? I run OS X Snow Leopard, Windows 7, and Linux. 3 computers, 3 OS's. Problem solved. ;)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I just tried it with my fiances droid razr on GB 2.3.5

It says successful, but terminal emulator now says su not found.
Apparently it doesn't work?

She has Windows Vista 32 bit.

And I did it twice, too.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Scratch that. I tried it 3 times, the I tried the latest superoneclick shell root, the real root. It froze her razr, I hard reset it, then I tried it again and success, weird.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I would assume that people who are capable of root would run multiple OS's? I run OS X Snow Leopard, Windows 7, and Linux. 3 computers, 3 OS's. Problem solved. ;)

+1. 4 computers: Ubuntu server, X Ubuntu, Windrows 7 and XP (just for streaming from my server).

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I finally pulled the plug and rooted my Razr and didn't realize how easy it was or why I would've been worried about anything going wrong. Rooting the Razr was just as easy as my D2G was. Great job guys

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

Tonyr570

Reaction score
ok i have a small problem. My phone has started having connectivity issues and the speaker is rattling so I was going to unroot and take it back to verizion because i've heard that people have had these same problems so i hope its only isolated to a few phones. the main problem is my superuser app wont go away. I tried doomlords unroot, z4 and the droidrazrroot.com method using a command prompt. None of these removed the S.U. app. after i tried all these i tried to used setcpu and it gave me a popup window saying it didn't get S.U. permissions but underneath the phone said it did. I went into the S.U. app to check and everytime after i "unrooted" it still granted all my root apps root access. so i'm not really getting a true unroot with any method so if someone can offer some suggestions i would really appreciate it.

grimloktt

Reaction score
ok i have a small problem. My phone has started having connectivity issues and the speaker is rattling so I was going to unroot and take it back to verizion because i've heard that people have had these same problems so i hope its only isolated to a few phones. the main problem is my superuser app wont go away. I tried doomlords unroot, z4 and the droidrazrroot.com method using a command prompt. None of these removed the S.U. app. after i tried all these i tried to used setcpu and it gave me a popup window saying it didn't get S.U. permissions but underneath the phone said it did. I went into the S.U. app to check and everytime after i "unrooted" it still granted all my root apps root access. so i'm not really getting a true unroot with any method so if someone can offer some suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Ginger Unroot

cribbe8

Reaction score
Hi, i rooted my razr only to use setcpu. I installed setcpu and made som profiles.
So far nothing wrong.
I switched phones with my brother and i reseted the phone without removing setcpu or the profiles i´ve made.
Now the phone i lagging and mp3 sound is terrible.
When i type "su" in terminal emulator it says "root spyder"
Can i solve this problem with just unrooting it or maby making a hard reset wiping all cache?

ddfuji

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues after doing this root? Just checking so i know what to expect.

I haven't. But I would recommend using the newer Version of zerg rush. There is a version 3 when I rooted mine. I've done it twice with version three and knows it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jamestheartist

Reaction score
I haven't either, and I used v2....I haven't used every thing, such as mp3 player, but all seems to working good, network, data, video, wi-fi etc...Quick question, when ICS comes out can update with root? I know it will break it, but I don't have to unroot to receive do I?