Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Motorola-Droid-RAZR.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Droid Forums or myself will not be responsible if you happen to brick your device during this root process. Please proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: Download and install Motorola Drivers for your Windows PC (this doesn’t work on other operating systems): 32-bit or 64-bit.

Step 2:
Download DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and extract contents to your PC (desktop would be a good place).

Step 3: From your Droid RAZR’s homescreen, tap Menu button and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.

Step 4: Connect your Droid RAZR with your PC and select Charge Only option from notifications drawer.

Step 5: Navigate to where the folder you unzipped in Step 2 to and open the folder and click on the runme.bat file and let it do its thing.

If you followed the steps correctly, your Droid RAZR should now be rooted on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread.

Thanks to Pieman13 for the find!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent!

Remember all, there is no recourse as of this date! No SBF or FXZ file to recover your phone should it soft brick.

Please wait to get too involved if you aren't experienced in root!!

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks guys!

livinmydream247

Reaction score

Motorola-Droid-RAZR.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Droid Forums or myself will not be responsible if you happen to brick your device during this root process. Please proceed at your own risk.

Step 1: Download and install Motorola Drivers for your Windows PC (this doesn’t work on other operating systems): 32-bit or 64-bit.

Step 2:
Download DooMLoRD v2 ROOT zergRush busybox su.zip and extract contents to your PC (desktop would be a good place).

Step 3: From your Droid RAZR’s homescreen, tap Menu button and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.

Step 4: Connect your Droid RAZR with your PC and select Charge Only option from notifications drawer.

Step 5: Navigate to where the folder you unzipped in Step 2 to and open the folder and click on the runme.bat file and let it do its thing.

If you followed the steps correctly, your Droid RAZR should now be rooted on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread.

Thanks to Pieman13 for the find!

Has anyone tried wireless tethering with this root method?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is this a once and done root, or is it something you have to do every time the phone boots?

Picking up my Razr in a little while and want to make sure I understand this correctly before I hose anything.

kilofox

Reaction score
Not trying to be a d...k but I wish people posting rooting methods would put "For Windows", "For OSX", "One-Click", "For Linux" in the thread title.

Please????

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a d...k but I wish people posting rooting methods would put "For Windows", "For OSX", "One-Click", "For Linux" in the thread title.

Please????

Well, to be fair, if you looked at the files and saw .bat and .dll and .exe files I would assume that it is for Windows... ;-)

kilofox

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, if you looked at the files and saw .bat and .dll and .exe files I would assume that it is for Windows... ;-)

I realize that... but when you are looking for a root method that isnt done via windows, its a little bit of a pain having to open every thread titled - How to Root Your Phone - and find out it doesnt work for you. Its the same at AC, XDA and here.

Oh well.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I realize that... but when you are looking for a root method that isnt done via windows, its a little bit of a pain having to open every thread titled - How to Root Your Phone - and find out it doesnt work for you. Its the same at AC, XDA and here.

Oh well.

Good point... I guess that because it is a Windows world that we live in, I just always assume that the root method is for windows unless otherwise specified....

Pieman13

Reaction score
Is this a once and done root, or is it something you have to do every time the phone boots?

Picking up my Razr in a little while and want to make sure I understand this correctly before I hose anything.

Yes, one and done.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Edited title. [Windows Only]

SifJar

Reaction score
For what it's worth, this should work just fine on Linux and Mac OS as well. Just the included version of ADB is Windows only and it has a Windows batch script.

But assuming you have ADB set up on your OS, you should be able to grab the download from the first post, extract the ZIP, pull out "busybox", "su", "Superuser.apk" and "zergRush" from the "files" directory and run the following commands from a terminal window (with all those files in your working directory):

Code:
adb wait-for-device
adb shell "cd /data/local/tmp/; rm *"
adb push zergRush /data/local/tmp/.
adb shell "chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/zergRush"
adb shell "./data/local/tmp/zergRush" //YOU MAY HAVE TO DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT USB AND TOGGLE USB DEBUGGING
adb wait-for-device
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/.
adb shell "chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox"
adb shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system"
adb shell "dd if=/data/local/tmp/busybox of=/system/xbin/busybox"
adb shell "chown root.shell /system/xbin/busybox"
adb shell "chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox"
adb shell "/system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin"
adb shell "rm -r /data/local/tmp/busybox"
adb push su /system/bin/su
adb shell "chown root.shell /system/bin/su"
adb shell "chmod 06755 /system/bin/su"
adb shell "rm /system/xbin/su"
adb shell "ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su"
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/.
adb shell "cd /data/local/tmp/; rm *"
adb reboot

NOTICE: I have NOT tried this, and can NOT be held responsible for any damage or problems arising from this information. These commands are all just copy & pasted from the BAT in the original download.

steveil

Reaction score
Ok, so now we have root. Anybody know if the bootloader is encrypted?