[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

jtsativa420

Reaction score
yes, what does the two options do?

When ICS comes out, what do I do to make sure I can receive it?

To answer the second part of your question you need to be stock to install the ota update. All stock apps in place and unfrozen. If anything is missing the install will fail.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Is this a once and done root, or is it something you have to do every time the phone boots?

Picking up my Razr in a little while and want to make sure I understand this correctly before I hose anything.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Once and done. :)

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.

cali_yooper

Reaction score
Root checker basic on the market. Also do you have superuser in your app drawer?

Did you install the latest moto drivers, do you ave adb installed, connect in charge only mode?

Ok, DL'd root checker. Definitely didn't root.

Did it again, crossed fingers and viola!

Thanks!!

cali_yooper

Reaction score
So now that I have my phone rooted, I was wondering what app is great for getting rid of everything you don't want?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

jtsativa420

Reaction score
So now that I have my phone rooted, I was wondering what app is great for getting rid of everything you don't want?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Jrummy16s app manager, titanium backup, or for free bloat freezer.

FePhoenix

Reaction score
Okay ... I'm new to smartphones in general, this one in particular. However, I am NOT new to *nix. I'm an Engineering Technician that uses oSolaris extensively. My first question about rooting will likely sound paranoid: I saw someone that apparently lost Wi-Fi when they rooted. Any thoughts or concerns?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Okay ... I'm new to smartphones in general, this one in particular. However, I am NOT new to *nix. I'm an Engineering Technician that uses oSolaris extensively. My first question about rooting will likely sound paranoid: I saw someone that apparently lost Wi-Fi when they rooted. Any thoughts or concerns?

Rooting should not affect wifi at all even if not done correctly. Roms, unthrottling, supercharging, etc. may. I have rooted 20+ times on 7 or so different devices and have never seen any affect good or bad on wifi.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Easy peasy, rooted now. Thanks a million guys!! Quick question...as long as I stay on the stock ROM, when updates like ICS come out, will I still get the updates?

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
i just did the wireless tether using the SQlite method...works great!

Are you talking about going down and changing the value from 1 to 0 on line 150?? If so, I did the same thing, BUT...although it works, what I noticed on my phone was the constant sync circle in my status bar if I was on my WIFI home network. It was pulling data for some reason, so I had to go back in and change the value back to 1. And the constant sync stopped. Keep in mind, if I turned WIFI off, it went away. Any idea what could be causing that??

Thach

Reaction score
For those that are looking to unroot, here is another option in the market for 99 cents. I didn't see this app mentioned yet so I thought I would throw it out there. I have used this a couple times now just to make sure it works and everything went smooth. The phone was unrooted within minutes and I rooted again without a hitch.

https://market.android.com/details?...GwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY29tLmRhcmtzbGlkZS51bnJvb3QiXQ..

mkemvp32

Reaction score
So I have to have Clockwork Mod installed already? If yes, which phone model should I select when first opening up the app? I really want to root my Razr, but frankly, I'm afraid of messing it up. I had a rooted OG so I have just basic knowledge, but with the Razr, its like a new language to me. I have never used ADB, do I need to install the android SDK?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
No you don't have cwm. It installs with razr bootstrapper. Adb will be with the rooting tools.

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Where can I get ADB? The instructions on the OP dont say anything about having to have it, unless I read it wrong