How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

GagePrk

Reaction score
I used the keep root OTA function in Rom Toolbox. I lost Root when OTA 4.1.2 happend. I have used Motochopper, Razrs Edge, Razrs blade all have failed to root. Might be that this one might not get rooted.

I used VooDoo OTA keeper and i got my root back after the 4.1.2 update.

Import roller

Reaction score
You can also follow the instructions on here which are MUCH easier IMO
[video=youtube;xs16ozOu2ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs16ozOu2ro[/video]

Then do the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper, unroot, take the update, then reroot. This solved my problems in a matter of minutes, when searching through these threads for days trying to find the info was getting me nowhere fast.

kwest12

Reaction score
Thanks Import Roller. I'm sure you probably just saved me a bunch of time when my Bionic gets here!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

easternrider18

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been doing some digging around on the web and cant seem to find a decent way to root my bionic thats on jellybean. the reason is because all the ways to root that ive seen require wifi. im sending my phone back to verizon and had my phone rooted on ics but then i unrooted and updated to jellybean. now on jb i have no access to wifi thus why i am sending back my phone to verizon for a new phone. any comments or anything would be appreciated. i need to fix this asap so please help

wooddale

Reaction score
Hey guys, Been doing some digging around on the web and cant seem to find a decent way to root my bionic thats on jellybean. the reason is because all the ways to root that ive seen require wifi. im sending my phone back to verizon and had my phone rooted on ics but then i unrooted and updated to jellybean. now on jb i have no access to wifi thus why i am sending back my phone to verizon for a new phone. any comments or anything would be appreciated. i need to fix this asap so please help
Cant you go by buds house and use computer? You need virtual box to root on JB simple though

easternrider18

Reaction score
Maybe you need to do an FXZ I can give you link for that maybe it will fix or is phone broke

hardware on phone is good but when i upgraded to jb the software broke my phone and wont connect to wifi. but yeah if you wanna send me the link that'd be appreciated