[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

bigmotor

Reaction score
Can someone who's rooted the MAXX test the wifi tethering and see if heavy streaming such as Netflix causes problems? Another user is reporting his Maxx is having trouble with this.

Is there a unroot method available as of yet?

kool_zero

Reaction score
Successfully rooted MAXX and normal RAZR and no problems with any type of streaming. I did netflix and airvideo and both worked great.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Successfully rooted MAXX and normal RAZR and no problems with any type of streaming. I did netflix and airvideo and both worked great.

Did you use the SQLite method to enable wifi tethering after rooting the MAXX ?

NZRocketman

Reaction score
Hi There, I just rooted my Droid Razr and it appeared to work Fine, but when i tried to access root Explorer or Super Manager Applications it keeps saying my "phone doesn't appear to be rooted"

anyone no the reason for this

Thanks

is this because i did the 2.3.6 update, anyway i can downgrade my update

Last edited:

Dawg72

Reaction score
Well I just tried this method at least 4 times. It opened the cmd box and showed everything being pushed to the phone however it stated that it failed to copy files. Everytime I try it it states that it fails to copy files to the phone. Not sure what else I need to do. This is a brand new Rzr which just received the OTA update today. I am currently on 6.12.173

EDIT: I just read some other threads advising that this version of the update can not be rooted. Oh well.

Last edited:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
One click root in 3 easy steps your phone can be rooted! Step 1: Go to *********** and download z4root & superuser (Can be downloaded from market) 2: Plug in usb(Phone to Computer) Go to settings, development and click on debug phone. 3rd: go to appear z4root and click temporary or permanent Root, it can also take away the root.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
One click root in 3 easy steps your phone can be rooted! Step 1: Go to *********** and download z4root & superuser (Can be downloaded from market) 2: Plug in usb(Phone to Computer) Go to settings, development and click on debug phone. 3rd: go to appear z4root and click temporary or permanent Root, it can also take away the root.

even with 6.12.173? mine came through already ..

mrmanners

Reaction score
Used this Root after the last OTA. Does it still work for the latest one?

Thanks,

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Used this Root after the last OTA. Does it still work for the latest one?

Thanks,

I don't think so...I have seen it reported that there is no root method for 2.3.6 at this time...

Claps1775

Reaction score
I am not new to rooting as I was always messing with my OG Droid with was a sweet phone by the way. I understand the risk of rooting for sure. I did find at www.droidrar.com a thread on flashing your razr back to stock with rsd lite. http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...nd-fastboot-files-to-go-back-to-stock-611744/
I have not tried it yet. Right now I am reading as much as I can on rooting the razr and flashing back to stock. What are known problems with rooting? Can you use Superoneclick to root the phone? I mainly want to root to get better battery life as the Maxx was costly for that. But for tethering as I have the unlimated data plan. Also, is there going to be a update were ice cream sandwitch will be on the Razr or how to flash it? I hear that rom is sweet and makes the razr look slow. If anyone can help me I would greatly thank you for it.

Information is power in the right hands.