How to root your Incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained

moonsand

Reaction score
Hi I did everything I was supposed to do and Im at the stage where the cmd says "sending zip (292817) and my phone has been on the start up "htc" screen for about 15 minutes now, I was just wondering how long this process is supposed to take? thanks!

stevieeT33

Reaction score
nvm i switched to a dif comp and had success but thanks fro a the lack of help jk lawlz

stevieeT33

Reaction score
ha its fine i dont expect random people to wait on me like its their job, besides im glad i figured it out on my own

OP
D

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Can't read the screen shot, however a few common problems so far have been not having the drivers installed, not having the phone in charge only mode, not having the USB debugging turned on, and the computer not reading the script right. Also make sure you have all the spacing correct as well. Come back with any more questions and don't give up. Took me about four hours total to get it all figured out. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Can't read the screen shot, however a few common problems so far have been not having the drivers installed, not having the phone in charge only mode, not having the USB debugging turned on, and the computer not reading the script right. Also make sure you have all the spacing correct as well. Come back with any more questions and don't give up. Took me about four hours total to get it all figured out. Good luck!

for me it was re-installing windows 7 then it finally went through, I think if I had done that in the first place then wouldn't have had to go through so much trouble but who knew?

OP
D

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Yes. Any pictures in text messages you have and want to keep you will need to save to your SD card. Long press on the picture and "save attached to SD card". If you feel more comfortable, you can copy your SD card to your computer. The SD will not be erased though. Also, once you have rooted, make a nandroid backup, it is super important you don't skip this step. That backup will be your safety fall back to spot should a rom install go bad. Good luck, I have a meeting tonight from 7-9 so I'll check back later if you have any other questions. Oh, btw, your contacts will reload so long as they are backed up via Gmail.

aardvark502

Reaction score
Thanks alot I've rooted the Droid x2 and fascinate in the past so I'm not exactly new to it all just HTC. Now itlf worst came to worst what would happen in this proccess would it most likely back out or brick my phone with no return. Also Motorola has rsd and Samsung has odin and if you don't know what those are its pretty much the holy savior recoverer for those phones. Is there anything like that for this? Thanks so much.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk