How to root your Incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Very possible. The ideal situation is to extract the zip to a new folder by itself. Then move it to the root of your c drive on your pc. Open your cmd prompt to the new folder then run the .cmd file. You may want to also redownload the file and check the md5 to verify it.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.

fresh install of windows done the trick and my comp needed it anyways so it wasn't a big deal and everything was backed up i am now rooted

ygreenes

Reaction score
Question: what is the difference in the 2.3.4 update over 2.3.3?

Also I already have adb set up on my computer does this affect the above instructions?

tappety talk

OP
D

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Some minor bug fixes and feature updates. Nothing so important your phone will stop working.

It shouldn't affect the process. Just run the cmd program and follow the steps. If you get the command lines right and the files properly extracted the entire process will run through automatically. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions and how it goes.

This post is Incredible 2!

ygreenes

Reaction score
One more question before I root: is there a way to return to stock? I've already returned 2 phones to Verizon and cant risk it.

tappety talk

OP
D

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Going out on a limb I would say that running this process again after you have rooted would return you to 2.3.3 stock. I can't be 100% positive though. Guessing at it I would say that because it removes 2.3.4 and installs the 2.3.3 RUU, it would take you back to a stock unrooted state.

ygreenes

Reaction score
Maybe you can answer this: today I did all the above and rooted with revolutionary but didn't do CWM with revolutionary . I flashed it after accordingto directions in the xda guide. But when I boot in to recovery I just get stuck on the HTC screen till I pull the battery. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

ygreenes

Reaction score
Actually it appears that the file or version wad no good I found a different file and version and it worked! Now I'm rooted. Ant suggestionsfor sense based roms?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
D

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Yes, I'm running mikroms sense 3.5 with android 2.3.5. It is very nice and sense 3.5 has some really neat features. Only problem I've seen so far is that the USB debugging doesn't work. I haven't seen anything said about it being fixed yet either. Make absolutely sure you create a nandroid backup of your phone before you put any new roms on your phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Rooted. THanks for posting this.

Downloading Mik ROM but I am confused about version numbers.
I am downloading 4.0.2
What is this 1.0.1 that you are talking about?

Also I assume this is just like any other ROM install? Copy to SD Card and just do an install from within CWM, yes?