[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by pc747, Aug 25, 2011.

1. bOOm_cORNEr_sHOt

bOOm_cORNEr_sHOt New Member

I tried to use the one click root method by Psouza but I keep getting a jit exception error. The crappy part is I cannot post the pop up error box on. Xda as a new member cannot post url links. If anyone has run across this error and can point me in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
  2. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

Make sure USB debugging is enabled. Try a different USB port. Or try a different USB cable.
  3. bOOm_cORNEr_sHOt

bOOm_cORNEr_sHOt New Member

yup, i tried all the usb ports but kept getting this error. I was able to get it done via my wifes laptop so maybe my pc is about to shyt the bed. happily rooted now.
  4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

Droid 2g 2.3.3 rooted
    with MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
    thanks this is great
  5. papparoche

papparoche New Member

How du u root the droid 3 plz help

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  6. themib

themib Well-Known Member

run one click on computer more here
    1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - LINK to x64 drivers(64-bit) LINK to x86 drivers(32-bit)
    2. Download and unzip 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' - LINK MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
    3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
    4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
    5. Navigate to 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' folder and run 'MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe'
    6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

suppose to work on droid 3
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

LOL! Um, yeah, hehehe. . .
  8. ModLife

ModLife New Member

Finally

so...Im finally rooteddancedroid.....so im staring at the command promptesque window SWEATING my stuff off...half ready to puke...if this goes south im SCREWED:rating00:....but it all ran smooth...i usedmotorola end user driver 5.2.0_64bit.msi and the droid 3 easy root scri[t as posted on like page 3 or so....CAN NOT WAIT to start freezin apps.
  9. ModLife

ModLife New Member

Sorry

it the droid 3 easy root scriptv7.zip
  10. dAmnDroid

dAmnDroid New Member

So I have a Droid 2 Global and I was told to root via the Droid 3 way because I have android 2.3.3
    I'm very confused on how to root because the motorolaoneclickroot didn't work, gingerbreak didnt work. ugh
  11. solar

solar Member

The Droid2 should totally be able to be rooted this way. I'm pretty sure, I did my stepdads this way, but now I can't remember.... just check out the carious paged here and make sure to try all the things like make sure USB debuggin is on, try different usb ports, etc..
  12. must_i_register

must_i_register New Member

I got up the courage to try to root and got these lousy errors from the one-touch software. Can someone provide feedback on this? I'm a computer geek but not a phone geek so I'm in over my technical level.

Thanks
    View attachment 40948
  13. nu2droid

nu2droid Member

Try this from Peter at xda... Pete's Motorola Root Tools
    It was as easy as it looks.
  14. must_i_register

must_i_register New Member

Awesome, worked perfect, thanks! Switched from my workhorse running XP-Prp to my laptop running Win7 and followed the instructions, very easy. Thanks again!! dancedroid:icon_ banana:
  15. nu2droid

nu2droid Member

Glad it worked... Enjoy
  16. Ossoblanco

Ossoblanco New Member

So I am doing the necessary research in order to root my phone. This is the first time I have ever tried this out and want to make sure I get it right the first time so I don't have to spend the rest of the week hoping my hair grows back and trying to unbrick my phone. I have downloaded and set up ABD shell on my computer and have been able to connect to my phone using mac's Terminal. I have also downloaded Titanium Backup onto my phone. Is it possible to push the necessary files onto my phone from my computer using bluetooth file transfer? Also I am curious how to get Root Explorer from my computer onto my phone, can anyone help me with this?
  17. Ossoblanco

Ossoblanco New Member

So I found this website that provides a pretty easy method for rooting a D3 using a Mac How to Root Motorola Droid 3 for Linux and Mac OSX users | SLEETHERZ. I am pretty new to this so I figured I would offer up a couple of quick tips in order to help anyone else attempting this that might need a hand.

Download the file and unzip it somewhere you can get to it easily using the Terminal program on your Mac,
    Once you have changed your directory in Terminal to the folder containing the "run_to_root_your_droid3.sh" file all you have to do is type in the following command: sh run_to_root_your_droid3.sh Then wait and follow the directions.
    If you try using the ~s or open commands to run the .sh file it either wont work or you will end up having it open in text edit and not working.
    All of the other information you might need can be found on the page I included the link for. You can also check out . Even though that video is for a Bionic and not D3 it is all the same steps.

Now to start getting rid of this f'in bloatware dancedroid
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  18. FinalTrigger

FinalTrigger New Member

Hey guys quick question. I finally re-rooted my phone after the Verizon update that im guessing got rid of my root. I used the one button root from Pete's Motorola Root Tools. Now is it required for me to also run the .ADB Root Procedure?
  19. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 New Member

I am going to use the one click root method to root my D3.

Once that is done how do i remove bloat? will i be able to update with the bloat removed?

B
  20. Ossoblanco

Ossoblanco New Member

Here is a link to a script that Psouza4 wrote to help you remove bloat. [Script] Safe bloat removal script (50+ apps) [UPDATED 9/1/2011] - xda-developers. There are some things you may not want it to remove so read through this blog carefully to figure out what you do and dont want. I have compiled a list of all the things that I have frozen using Root Explorer although I accidentally froze blurhome2.apk and odex before installing a new launcher and have spent the past 10+ hours sifting through blogs and other websites trying to solve this issue. I have not had any issues with any of the other files I froze so far. If you would like me to send you/post the list of files I've frozen I'm happy to, just keep in mind that I'm pretty new to this game.
Search tags for this page
droid 3 easy root script v5
droid 3 root
hack and root verizon motorola droid 3

how to root droid 3

how to root droid 3 on mac
how to root droid3
how to root my droid 3 xt862 using a mac laptop
motorola droid 3 end user drivers
motorola end user driver droid 3
root droid 3

root droid3