Kindle Fire Update Brings Full-Screen Browsing & Breaks Root; BurritoRoot 2 Fixes It

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 18, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The Amazon Kindle Fire came out with a new firmware update, version 6.2.2. Right now, the only change that is obvious is that it brings the welcome feature of full-screen browsing. Unfortunately, it also breaks root for those who have rooted. Luckily, Justin Case also updated BurittoRoot to version 2 which fixes the rooting issue. This new version just needs adb and a few moments of your time to get you back into Kindle Fire customization heaven. Here's a breakdown of how it's done followed by a download link:

Download: BurritoRoot 2

Source: Kindle-FireForum.com via AndroidPolice and XDA
  2. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

got this update last night, my gf was playing w/ the kindle and all of a sudden it popped up a message saying that it had downloaded the update and was going to restart. Needless to say she kinda freaked out b/c she wasn't sure what was happening and didn't want to be responsible for breaking my new toy :biggrin:

so the update will come through on its own, i didn't even have the option of declining the update. I am going to have to wait until tomorrow to re-root, but Burrito root was so easy the first time I'm not really worried
Search tags for this page

burrito root 3.apk

burritoroot 2

burritoroot download kindle fire
burritoroot3apk
download super su
will burritoroot work on samsung galaxy s3