[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
For easy root, how do I download the Motorola Drivers? Do I open it onto my phone? Or? Same thing with the Easy Root script?

Download to your PC and it should take about 10 minutes to install.
Then download the Script, and once the phone is plugged in, run it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have NO idea how to install ADB! I try and run cmd, then type ADB to see if my process worked, but it always comes up as not allowed internally or externally. I did the envirormental variable stuff, still nothing.

Help??

I downloaded the drivers, ran the script, but then it said I needed ADB. Can't put it on, though.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I have NO idea how to install ADB! I try and run cmd, then type ADB to see if my process worked, but it always comes up as not allowed internally or externally. I did the envirormental variable stuff, still nothing.

Help??

I downloaded the drivers, ran the script, but then it said I needed ADB. Cause put it on, though.

Ive never heard of that and it worked when i ran the script...hopefully someone can help.

On the other hand, now 2 hours after rooting, i cant get 3G to turn on.

dazoe

Reaction score
Ive been having 3G problems also, White but no blue... Happened after every reboot, connecting via wifi then back to 3g seems to work but clearly something is going on. Maybe froze an app that shouldn't have been. I froze a lot!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Ive been having 3G problems also, White but no blue... Happened after every reboot, connecting via wifi then back to 3g seems to work but clearly something is going on. Maybe froze an app that shouldn't have been. I froze a lot!

I froze everything I had never heard of or that didn't seem important...lol

But 3G is on and working for me now.

dazoe

Reaction score
could you try a reboot and see how long it takes for 3g to turn blue? wondering if it will happen to you like it happens to me.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no way for me to install ADB. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing, idk.

If someone knows any software so they can control my computer and do it themselves, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, I ain't gettin it ever I suppose. I've tried everything for like 2hrs straight.

EDIT - Never Mind.. I rooted it!!!! Wasn't working on my laptop.. but did on my desktop! Hell yes!!!

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah, there's no way for me to install ADB. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing, idk.

If someone knows any software so they can control my computer and do it themselves, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, I ain't gettin it ever I suppose. I've tried everything for like 2hrs straight.

There is a 1-click method that doesn't require you to install ADB.

end of line...

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I tried that on my laptop, and it came up as "Error, no ADB found..."

But I'm good now, it's working.

aristoid

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this?

..."specific to Motorola devices"...

Hmm, I wonder how long this fix will last. Maybe a sign of Gotorgle.

technogeek00

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that worked on the root.
Off to bring some vanilla flavor to the D3...

technogeek00

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that worked on the root.
Off to bring some vanilla flavor to the D3...

Here is an interesting problem. Did the manual steps just fine to root the phone and it was rooted.
Then ran: mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system
Was still fine.
Then rebooted, and root is gone.

Figured maybe I missed a step, its been a long day I'm tired, lets let the auto-scripts try.
Scripts run, after the link->reboot->local.prop->reboot->root!
Out of curiosity, reboot again. No more root.
It seems root simply does not want to stick on my D3 after a reboot, or am I missing something?