How much data are you using a month?

jacobjer

Reaction score
I’m curious what my fellow members are using on their phones for data monthly. I am rooted and tether my phone to my xoom when necessary. I also watch lots of steaming video (HBO Go, Max Go, Netflix, etc). I average around 12-20 Gigs a month. Yes I have unlimited and even before I was rooted and tethered I used 10 or so a month. Is there an amount where I might raise a red flag? I’ve heard rumors, but have never heard from a specific source a specific situation where they were hassled. Anyone?

satarecah

Reaction score
i can barely use a gig cause i just check email and use facebook stuff like that besides the average youtube video here and there LOL

Ckepascoe

Reaction score
Last month was 45GB, im at 32GB this month

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I am on wifi mostly and only use 1/2 to 3/4 gb.

Not a big streamer either. Mostly email, Tapatalk and map type web access.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dbam987

Reaction score
Before I got the RAZR, roughly 300MB per month. With the RAZR, I am on pace for 3GB per month. What a difference LTE makes, as long as the network doesn't go down like it has this morning across the nation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

firefighterwise

Reaction score
I’m curious what my fellow members are using on their phones for data monthly. I am rooted and tether my phone to my xoom when necessary. I also watch lots of steaming video (HBO Go, Max Go, Netflix, etc). I average around 12-20 Gigs a month. Yes I have unlimited and even before I was rooted and tethered I used 10 or so a month. Is there an amount where I might raise a red flag? I’ve heard rumors, but have never heard from a specific source a specific situation where they were hassled. Anyone?

I use at minimum 20gb a month and the has never seemed to raise a red flag.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
2 months ago I was at 52 gigs. This month I'm only at 5 with 9 days left in my cycle. The only red flags I know may exist is throttling. On my 52 gig month my speeds were slow as hell. I called tech and he said that the top 5% of consumers per market will be throttled. Not sure if he was just babbling but my speeds are better since my cycle lapsed.

firefighterwise

Reaction score
2 months ago I was at 52 gigs. This month I'm only at 5 with 9 days left in my cycle. The only red flags I know may exist is throttling. On my 52 gig month my speeds were slow as hell. I called tech and he said that the top 5% of consumers per market will be throttled. Not sure if he was just babbling but my speeds are better since my cycle lapsed.

I might b worn but I thought they were supposed to let u know u were being throttled.

jtpowell

Reaction score
I might b worn but I thought they were supposed to let u know u were being throttled.

When I was on 3G about 500-700mb a month. Now that I have a 4G phone I'm easy at 2GB+. It wasn't enjoyable to try to watch something like Netflix on 3G. Now I have the LapDock as well so I only see it increasing if there is now wifi available.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score

That's what I asked and he said they are not obligated to. Idk.

firefighterwise

Reaction score
Dang that's a lot...with just 1 phone? Between me and my financee we use 25-30gb a month. Mostly due to Netflix.

If u download alot of torrents or anything like that it can get up there.

jayb

Reaction score
All I do is stream Netflix about 10-12 hours a week and a lot of surfing. I download 1 radio show a day that I listen to at work. I have used almost 64gb this cycle with 1 day remaining. I have not noticed any throttling to speak of and I was told it was top 5% per tower that get throttled. I was still pulling down 20+mbs download speeds yesterday. But with the outage today I doubt I get much more usage before I go into the next cycle. I wanted to see what I could do this month for a trial and see if I noticed any slow downs or throttling of any kind and I haven't. O and I have not tethered at all this month. I really wanted to hit 100gig just to see but that will take some effort. When I talked to a Verizon tech over the phone he said not to worry since im locked in on unlimited. He said I might notice some throttling but most people never notice it.

View attachment 44421

Greeny

Reaction score
Well I am new to this Smartphone (Droid Razr) thing, but I went for the 5GB package with another 5GB free and I have only tapped into 0.174 of the 10GB. I will ramp this up as I get more comfortable with the phone and we finally get the 4G in my area.

dlcramer

Reaction score
On my OG DROID i averaged 750 meg. Now with the Bionic I'm up to an average of 3.5 gig. I use wifi at home. My biggest bandwidth hogs are netflix and my security cameras streaming on my phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums