How much data do you use?

drunkalien6

Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm new to the forums. Im just curious how much data people here use a month. I use PdaNet a lot! I heard that if you use to much data you get flagged or something. So im just wondering how much data I use stacks up to what others use.

At the moment im at about exactly 6.1 GB's. Iv had my Motorola Droid for about three weeks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I avg. 2.8 to 3gb per month...Droid only..

Anything over the 5gb threshold more than likely will raise a flag with VWZ...but YMMV

texasPI

Reaction score
Yeah, you are definitely being watched. Do you use this instead of a home connection? Another example of the few ruining things for the many. I too have PDAnet but use it only occasionally when I'm away from home etc. Just add the tethering option to your account and don't worry about it.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Wow! 6.1GB is a bunch... My most recent bill shows me using 420MB for that entire billing cycle... And I didn't even watch my data usage or anything... But I didn't stream any music or anything to the phone, either... That was just basic web-browsing, e-mail sending/receiving, and app-downloading...

OP
D

drunkalien6

Reaction score
The main reason I have a Smartphone is for internet, because I live in rural area for the most part and there are no DSL/Cable companys out here, not even a small local one. Only other option is two wireless internet providers that offer 4G internet basically but they dont have signal at my house cause of all the trees.

I did have a BlackBerry Storm, which i did have a tethering plan with. But there is no tethering plan for the Motorola Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The main reason I have a Smartphone is for internet, because I live in rural area for the most part and there are no DSL/Cable companys out here, not even a small local one. Only other option is two wireless internet providers that offer 4G internet basically but they dont have signal at my house cause of all the trees.

I did have a BlackBerry Storm, which i did have a tethering plan with. But there is no tethering plan for the Motorola Droid.

Sure there is....have you asked VZW?

Laurence5905

Reaction score

I was under the impression that VZW wasn't going to offer tethering on the Droid 'till Jan. or Feb. of 2010...

OP
D

drunkalien6

Reaction score
Yes when i bought my phone they automatically took tethering off my plan and told me it would be because they don't offer it with the Motorola Droid... Although I did get the phone from Wal-Mart cause they were the cheapest. So i guess I will call them up and see if they have tethering... But then again i was under the impression it wasn't coming until 2010 as well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I was under the impression that VZW wasn't going to offer tethering on the Droid 'till Jan. or Feb. of 2010...

I might of mis-spoke...From what 611 just told me they are not going to offer a tethering plan for the droid...She was babling on about how the droid does not support it and there is an agreement with Motorola about it.

But this contradicts what the VZW store here told me a few weeks ago..

I don't believe what the rep just told me tho....

buzzdar

Reaction score
i was told that the teathering plan will be available in February.