my gallery using alot of data. y?

modestokid

Reaction score
So i looked and my my gallery is using more of my data than pandora is and i use pandora lot. Y is this? I only have 4 gigs a month and dont need my gallery using half of that. Thanks

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the recommendation of several peeps here I downloaded "Quickpic" last night ... it's MUCH better than "My Gallery" ... so I disabled it after installing Quickpic.

If yours is chewing on your limited data, I would get something else. :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Check your settings in the APP, there is a section for displaying friends activities on the home page. I would uncheck that, there is a warning that it is data intensive and to change the settings under data to sync social over WIFI only. That should help with your data usage.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
On the recommendation of several peeps here I downloaded "Quickpic" last night ... it's MUCH better than "My Gallery" ... so I disabled it after installing Quickpic.

If yours is chewing on your limited data, I would get something else. :)

That too, Quickpic is awesome.

OP
M

modestokid

Reaction score
I unchecked the social friends status thing. I hope that shuts it off. Dont need my data all used up by that b.s.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I unchecked the social friends status thing. I hope that shuts it off. Dont need my data all used up by that b.s.

Yep just keep an eye on it, also the Music app you can disable live lyrics and that will save some data too.