How is everyone complaining about battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katatonic

Reaction score
Is love to know you secret. I'm getting like 8 hours max. WiFi and Bluetooth off. Screen dimmed. And that's not even harsh use. But, none the less. I still love the phone. I'll be happy when a 4G toggle is released.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Is love to know you secret. I'm getting like 8 hours max. WiFi and Bluetooth off. Screen dimmed. And that's not even harsh use. But, none the less. I still love the phone. I'll be happy when a 4G toggle is released.
I'm sure people with the real bad battery life are the ones with 4g in there area. Once there is away to turn off 4g people will be getting better battery life.

MadScientist

Reaction score

I posted my stats in the other battery thread for yesterday which in summary was 10.5 hours since last charge, 7.5 hours awake and still had 25% battery.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

sansavi

Reaction score
I'm sure people with the real bad battery life are the ones with 4g in there area. Once there is away to turn off 4g people will be getting better battery life.

Maybe the ones on the outskirts. As I stated, I'm in phillys 4G.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Canefan

Reaction score

It's very easy to turn off 4G and run it on 3G. Download an app called Phone Info by SC@Taiwan. Run it and select Phone Information. Scroll down and where it says "Set Preferred Network Type" select CDMA auto PRL. Then hit the home button. The phone will then run like a normal 3G phone. When you want 4G back just do the above and select the 4G LTE network. Whole thing takes like 5 secs. It does take a few seconds to switch networks. Battery lasts much longer on 3G and I only use 4G when I'm surfing the web. I'm also using Green Power which cycles the data on and off at user defined intervals when the phone is turned off. I'm at 80% after about 6 hours of moderate use.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
Could the fast fall off be the new battery learning? Anyone been through a few charge cycles yet and notices it getting any better?

I'm hoping this might be it. I did the "bump method" of charging the phone to green, disconnecting for a minute, then charging again several times this morning. After four hours of light use I'm at 91%. I didn't use it much granted. I also changed the brightness to auto. Far and away the best my battery has been so far.

_33

Reaction score
My battery life went from amazing to terrible.

I'm in Philadelphia and have great 4g signal and speeds. I charged the phone thursday night and here's how it's been...

Friday off charge at 6:30am 100%
Went to work in strong 4g area
5 calls (couple minutes each)
10 texts
1 hour or so browsing
1 hour or so gaming
8:00pm was at 20%
back on charge

Saturday off charge at 7:00am 100%
went to work in strong 4g area (same house as friday)
2 texts
1 3 minute call
By 12:00pm phone died
Had to put on car charger to call home
left on car charger for an hour
Came home and fully charged
Didn't bother messing with anything, I was disgusted

Today was the same thing. It's needed charging twice since 7:00am with low to moderate use. This bothers me... a lot. After Friday, I was impressed that I got a full day with heavier use than I would normally give it.

If this stays like this I have to return it or something. I can't have a phone that doesn't make it through the day with low usage.

Also, The phone is still setup the same exact way it was Friday. I deliberately left this thing pretty much stock just to see how it would act.

I am very disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.