My Battery Life - your thoughts

DrScrubs

Reaction score
30+ hours in low usage (during the workday the device pretty much sleeps the whole time), but I could probably get 18-20 for moderate use. Right now I put the device into charging roughly every 24 hours.

Pdroid, when you plug in your phone to charge, what is your battery level at? Also, 18 hours is pretty good compared to me. Can you let us know if/what you did so your battery lasts as long as it does?

Spark89

Reaction score
I used my droid today very moderately. When I woke up the battery life was at 90% and then an hour later after doing virtually nothing it dropped to 80% (which is reasonable considering my phone was idiling when i was sleeping) Then i used my browser for a total of about 5 minutes and youtube for about another 5 and when i checked my battery again it was a dismal 50%!!! It seems impossible that my battery could have dropped 30% in 10 minutes of using the internet. And i had full 3g service too. I just got a replacement droid because the same thing happened with my old one and the verizon store said it seems like my battery was dead on arrival but the same stuff is happening on my new phone as it did on my old one. Can anyone help me with my battery life issues? Please.... this is hands down the best phone i ever had in my life with all the stuff to do on it. The only complaint i have is the battery life. So these people that get over 8 hours of batery life out of their phone in a day, i envy you. i do half the stuff that you do and my battery drops extremely fast. Like i said 30% in 10 minutes of using the internet and youtube. Please help!!!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
30+ hours in low usage (during the workday the device pretty much sleeps the whole time), but I could probably get 18-20 for moderate use. Right now

Pdroid, when you plug in your phone to charge, what is your battery level at? Also, 18 hours is pretty good compared to me. Can you let us know if/what you did so your battery lasts as long as it does?

Running CyanogenMod, I use setcpu to underclock the device during sleep, use auto memory manager, turned off some battery/temp reporting...I was trying to train battery left so the 30 hours is really fully charged to dead.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
WTF

i get an average 3hrs of life on my battery i have to constantly keep it charged

Ok, though I've never felt my battery life was anything good compared to some, I also am not as bad as some who has posted.

However, after seeing your post, I'm thinking I got it good, no matter what the life span is :D

JasumX

Reaction score
I am running Cyanogen with P3 1.0lv kernel. I have juice defender, task killer (which i use frequently), setcpu with battery saving profiles, and I get 24-48 hours depending on use. There have also been days where I get 8-10 hours, but those days I am flashing ROMs like crazy because I'm bored :)

Another thing that I do and haven't seen anyone else post... I have 2 batteries and cycle them. So my batteries almost always get fully drained (as in Droid powers itself off) and get a full uninterrupted charge every time. Whenever the battery goes dead I have the spare nearby. Seems to be working well...