Fix my battery life problems

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Every day my battery life has gotten a little bit worse on my S3 since the JB update. It's horrible. I've been unplugged, mobile data off, Google Now off, GPS off and screen at 0% and screen time about 4 minutes and I'm down 9%. Before the update I could go 2 hours screen time, 2 hours talk time and 24+ hours total on a charge. Now I'm at 6 or so. I need help.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Most people who report this say the best thing for them was backing everything up with KIES and doing a factory reset...... You could install GSAM and see what exactly is causing it but usually the factory reset solves any issue...

pshedberg

Reaction score
I had severe prob w batt life. The "media" program was using most of the battery. I took out the SD card and restarted and problwm solved. I will format it later and reinstall. Good battery life now w JB

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had severe prob w batt life. The "media" program was using most of the battery. I took out the SD card and restarted and problwm solved. I will format it later and reinstall. Good battery life now w JB

depending on how much data and media you have on your phone and ext card the media process will run high for a while... It has to re categorize the info and read through all of it again..... That is a known issue with updating to JB with the S3.