My Battery Life - your thoughts

Reaction score
How is other people's battery life. I read about people not charging for 2-3 days but I can't even get 14 hours of moderate use (which was fine until I read about the 2-3 days :))

I play maybe an hour or two of games, 30 minutes of browsing, email checking regularly, maybe some music playing. I know I have a weak phone signal so the phone is working hard to maintain a signal.

Battery use monitor, on a day like today, shows 60% display (even though I'm using Auto Brightness). 10% each for phone idle and the standby. Then most other stuff using a few percent.

I don't use widgets etc. so I have very little permanently running.

Any thoughts ?

JCo352

Reaction score
14 hrs is decent, I get anywhere between 12 and 20 hrs, depending on what I'm doing on it.

ShowTime

Reaction score
With your amount of use, 14hrs is pretty decent/good. Who are you talking to that's getting 2-3 days? Are they actually using their phone during this time??

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't read about 2-3 days of use on the mDroid, other phones yes, but not the droid. I'm disappointed in the battery life, but I've adjusted my habits to where it's not an issue anymore.

My wife's eris is an issue and shouldn't be. That's the one I want to figure out.

bomber889

Reaction score
I get like 6-8, but I do like 100-200 texts a day, browse the web in class, and play games.

shiccy

Reaction score
When I'm at work I turn my phone on airplane mode b/c I get 1 bar consistently. I have enough service to make and receive calls / do whatever I want. Since the service is so horrible, it sucks my battery to about 50% in a 12 hr period with literally LOOKING at my msgs twice in that time. If I turn the airplane mode off a few times in that same period, I leave with 90% battery.

I've found that the phone works wonderfully ... if the antennae aren't on. If so, zoom goes the battery. My suggestion is to put the phone on the charger where you'll be if it's an extended period and leave it there. When you decide to venture away, THEN unplug.

You can always purchase the bigger battery, too, though IMHO the phone is big enough for my tastes.

BTW: WITH using airplane mode on for that 12 hour period I can make it a full 24 hours, but usually not more without a charge. If I'm not at work I make it a half day and then it's time to plug it in. I think I've plugged mine in twice today (battery was 70% the first time so it took about an hour, the second about 50% and it took about 2).

One thing I miss about having my old phone - being able to last 2 - 3 days w/ out a charger :\

beneharris

Reaction score
ive gotten 3 days on mine before, but that was only because my girlfriend was out of town, so i had nobody to text. so i basically didn't use it at all. there is no way people are getting that much and actually using the phone

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I get an average of 12 to 16 hours per a day with moderate to heavy use and the screen on full brightness. I dont play games on it at all though. Only use apps and text and call. Also use the browser. Pretty much I do everything besides play games.

msuperbauer

Reaction score
are any of you using battery saver things like the apolo task killer? THat apolllo thing (i think ) was killing my battery life.. I just need to know how you folks are doing this.. I have to charge mine after about 6 hours and I do very little browsing, SOME music playing out of the music colder, NO nav, minimal texting and medium phone use and facebook.. Please help me reach 12 hours.. Even 8?!?! Thanks!

DrScrubs

Reaction score
I know this topic has been talked about a lot. But I also would like to learn more. I have search topics on forums and did Google searches, but it seems like there is not a set answer. Seems like when a person's battery last long, it just a lucky thing.

I get generally get from 8 to 10 hours on my battery. By that I mean, I get down to about 20% or 15%, at which point I recharge my phone. When everyone lists their hours, do they mean they go all the way to zero and the phone just shuts off?

I guess I am curious on two things. When people report how long their battery lasts, at what % do they charge? And for people that get good times on their batteries, did you train your battery, change specific settings, got some apps to help you conserve battery, or just use your phone less? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We probably have a thousand battery threads in the forum. Literally. And if you searched through at least some of them you would find that 10-14 hours is probably about right.

And it's not just Droid. I had a Blackberry Storm 1 and 2 and they both sucked down the battery. What you should do is get an extra charger, car charger, docking station, whatever suits your needs so you can recharge your battery during the day. 3-4 days life is rare and quite honestly a little unbelievable. I would say you would get that if you just didn't use your phone at all. Maybe.

OP
H
Reaction score
The 2-3 days comes from every thread related to batteries. There's always people posting how they get 2-3 days.

Using Airplane mode makes no sense to me as I think it means you cannot use your phone to receive calls ???

hookbill, do you have those search comments on auto-text ? :) It would be a pretty dull forum if no one ever posted new threads and just searched. There's always new thoughts, tools and opinions and cases that are specific. For example I am glad to see you say that you find 3-4 days as "unbelievable" because that's how I feel and I've not read that before.

player52

Reaction score
WTF

i get an average 3hrs of life on my battery i have to constantly keep it charged

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
30+ hours in low usage (during the workday the device pretty much sleeps the whole time), but I could probably get 18-20 for moderate use. Right now I put the device into charging roughly every 24 hours.