Help PLEASE. Rooted D1 can't get to recovery screen

ICE17N24

Reaction score
SORRY SO LONG.
I really need some help. I tried to do this all on my own without asking anything but I am having some problems. I have been reading several forums for about two weeks including this one.

Droid 1 Rooted 6/27

I installed
SuperOneClick v1.7
Rom Mgr
TiBU
Quadrnt Standrd
Busybox

Followed this
"Painless and Thorough ROM Switching in Under an Hour *Updated 6-28-10*" on Phandroid

Did Ti backup now I can't boot into recovery. All it is doing is giving me the Triangle with yellow exclamation point above phone.

Removed battery and powered on phone and it does work like normal
BUT I can't get to recovery to flash the CyanogenMod 7.

It says the su binary is outdated, so I updated

Said I have update to Superuser (black and white skull cross bones pirate), so I updated now green android pirate

Have Cynomod saved on sd.

Tried when the little triangle with the ! shows up I hit the UP volume + camera at the same time to open a new menu.

I picked the option to reset to factory.. but no luck still boots into triangle screen no boot screen.

Tried naming the CYmod update.zip then selected it after following above no luck says E:abort. I hold X down and just get ! triangle w/ phone under

I don’t know if I got OTA or if I can start over and reroot or what to do. Maybe use other programs to fix it. Install some other drivers. I just need some help.

This is my everyday phone and it is still working properly BUT I would like to mod it some so I can keep it a little while longer. I have an update available but choose not to take it at this time.

I am a NEWBIE to this and I don't know what to do. I know most of you guys have newer phones but any help is appreciated.

Please, pretty please

Thanks,
Dana

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like you don't have custom recovery .. give me a few minutes i will get you links to flash that

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Since you said you installed Rom Manager, did you use it to flash Clockworkmod Recovery? You can also use it to install the ROM "install ROM from SD Card" if you already have it downloaded.

Of course...first you have to do the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option at the top.

OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
Since you said you installed Rom Manager, did you use it to flash Clockworkmod Recovery? You can also use it to install the ROM "install ROM from SD Card" if you already have it downloaded.

Of course...first you have to do the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option at the top.

I flashed clockwork earlier, been gone from home a little while. I will try to install the ROM from there. If that doesn't work then I will try the Motocache1 method.

Thanks so much

jrracinfan

Reaction score
ICE17N24 said:
I flashed clockwork earlier, been gone from home a little while. I will try to install the ROM from there. If that doesn't work then I will try the Motocache1 method.

Thanks so much

Look into an SBF flash of CWMR Once the SBF gets to 99% done in rsd lite on directional pad hold right(portrait) or up(landscape) to let it verify the flash. Pick a rom. Go into recovery, wipe data, and then in partitions menu format system and boot. Flash rom then back all way out to main menu and reboot. Restore your apps/data and contacts. Enjoy!

OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
Update. Clockwork did install the CyanogenMod 7. I did have TiBU installed and did a backup on my system before I installed the ROM. Now after the Cyngm7 rom, I don't have TiBu installed anymore (or any other apps, contacts, etc...) How do I get all my info back. I told Clockwork to save it plus I had made a backup with TiBU. Now I just need to know how to set everything back up on my phone. I looked for the info here but there are so many post on TiBU that I can't find one relating to me (a NEWBIE wanting to learn.) Most of them are for people that know how to do it with specific problems.

I am sorry again for asking, but I am new to this and would like to learn. I know it is probably something simple.

Any Help is sincerely appreciated.
Sincerely
Dana

Edit SORRY ladies and gentlemen. I am an old retired US Customs Special Agent that got hurt on Duty. I just know how to arrest people,LOL. I am afraid of playing with the phone in fear of breaking it. I found file manager. All my stuff is in there how do I reinstall it.

Thanks
Dana

Last edited:

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Get Titanium Backup from the Play store/market. Also friendly tip: start using my backup root instead for apps. Only restore apps from Titanium Backup using a batch restore of missing apps.

OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
That didn't really help. I'll use any backup root you have if you explain to me how to get my info back. I went to the play store on the computer all the stuff is there also. I am really not a computer tech guy. I can install GPS trackers,logger,etc and wire a car with micro cameras cause I was taught all kinds of tech surveillance junk. I just don't know phones and computers. I have always had a comptr forensics guy for that. I am trying to learn this on my own and just don't get it. I guess what I am asking is how to get from pnt. a to pnt. b. I bought the TiBU pay version just now and can't get it sent over phone. I am guessing cause of the cynoMod. Now what. The phone isn't set up for google or nothing. I just don't know how to do it.

Once I get the hang of it I won't be asking any more stupid questions

Thanks again for your help
Dana

jrracinfan

Reaction score
That didn't really help. I'll use any backup root you have if you explain to me how to get my info back. I went to the play store on the computer all the stuff is there also. I am really not a computer tech guy. I can install GPS trackers,logger,etc and wire a car with micro cameras cause I was taught all kinds of tech surveillance junk. I just don't know phones and computers. I have always had a comptr forensics guy for that. I am trying to learn this on my own and just don't get it. I guess what I am asking is how to get from pnt. a to pnt. b. I bought the TiBU pay version just now and can't get it sent over phone. I am guessing cause of the cynoMod. Now what. The phone isn't set up for google or nothing. I just don't know how to do it.

Once I get the hang of it I won't be asking any more stupid questions

Thanks again for your help
Dana

OK so now that I am no longer AFK.

You stated you can't get to Play store on the phone....

Will need to also flash gapps to allow access. You can get them from here Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki You will need the Cyano 7 version. This is odds are why you're having so many issues. Report back once you have that flashed/installed. DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING WHEN YOU FLASH IT!

OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks man. That worked but I am still missing a few apps. Funny part is that I didn't want some of those anyway.

I have TiBU on there now. How can I get the apps back or the phone setup the way I had it?

I appreciate you being patient with me.

Thanks
Dana

OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
Thanks man. That worked but I am still missing a few apps. Funny part is that I didn't want some of those anyway.

I have TiBU on there now. How can I get the apps back or the phone setup the way I had it?

I appreciate you being patient with me.

Thanks
Dana

Last edited:
OP
ICE17N24

ICE17N24

Reaction score
STEEL DROID?? I think I am having the same problems.

I saw the SteelDroid thread here and was going to try it out. I tried installing it through ROM manager the pro version. Every time I try to install from SD it isn't taking and it is bringing me back to Cyngen7mod. I backup the Cyngen7 mod in CW. I don't know if that is the problem. The phone is running good since I installed Chev 1.1 low kernel.
Although, I am not getting as good of signal as before the CyngenMod but otherwise running good.

As far as SteelDroid is concerned. I flashed CW and then told it to install from SD. It isn't rebooting into CW to finish. It is booting but it boots back to Cyngen7. Can anyone give me some help please??

I tried booting into recovery manually and it doesn't boot. It just stays on the Motorola screen. It will blink and then the Motorola screen again. Basically, it will never go into Recovery. If I remove power and restart it boots into Cyngen7 which is working.

I just want to load SteelDriod ICS and try it out! :cus: It sounds great from the reviews. Glad to see someone is still deving on the OG, THANK YOU chevycam94.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank y'all for being so patient.:hail:

Dana