Can't get to Recovery; strange error.

lucky13s10

Reaction score
adb sort of never been a big computer guy til i got my droid:)
like i know some of the basics to open the sdcard

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, then I'm going to link you to a guide that will restore your recovery, and hopefully with that recovery restored you can flash a stock, rooted ROM onto your phone and get things back up and running.

Does the phone say okay to program or code corrupt?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Alright. We're going to try restoring (replacing) recovery so we can flash that ROM.

And as it turns out we'll need to use RSD Lite as it's quite simply the easiest way to do this assuming you have a PC running Windows.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

The first one will tell you how to do it right, the second one will set you up with and SPRecovery. SPRecovery will allow you to flash your ROM, or just do a factory reset and see if you can boot normally -- but you'll still be missing all your apps, texts, etc.

What you'll need to do if the factory reset fails is install a stock, rooted FRG22D ROM if you want to go back to where you were. If you never wish to theme it then you'll want an odex version. However, deodex will run just as well and is probably easier to find. Also, since you've already lost everything, you might consider a custom ROM.

I will provide a link to a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM for your convenience. As you will note, there are themes for this ROM, along with links to overclocking kernels.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/77777-metickmod-frg22d-froyo-2-2-updated-12-05-10-a.html

If you are interested in a custom ROM then consider looking into a few before you do the final flash. Some to look at (but not recommended by me unless directly asked for one ROM, in which case I will respond) are CyanogenMod 6.1 which was released last night, Ultimate Droid which supposedly will be having 2.4.0 drop soon, Simply Stunning 4.9, Sapphire 1.1.1, and Charity ROM.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I am signing off for the night as it's quarter after four in the morning here. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at some point, and tomorrow evening for sure unless something comes up, if you need me. Good luck! :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't think you understand. Right now you have nothing on the phone you can get to. You could have had a pre-release copy of honeycomb and the cure for cancer on your phone; they are gone. Your phone us as useful as a paperweight in its current shape. This is the best hope you have of restoring functionality without either taking it totally back to stock with a different SBF or turning it in for an insurance claim. :)

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

lucky13s10

Reaction score
the flash got the phone up but now none of the core apps will open they all force close. the phone app itself opens, but when you try to make a call it force closes. but at least i can boot into recovery.

lucky13s10

Reaction score
i went with a stock rom i tried a full SBF but rsd said it couldnt flash it cause it wasnt for cdma.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's a bizzare SBF you found. :)

Okay, do a factory reset and see if you still have the issues. Sometimes what happens is lingering code causes issues.

lucky13s10

Reaction score
the sbf i used was the recovery only from the link in, root droid 1 reguardless of os. but i wiped everything and did a factory reset, issue still there.

lucky13s10

Reaction score
yeah i just did....was that bad? but i just seen that i think i have an old ver. of rsd lite. 4.2. just updated it to 4.5.3

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
And you're still using the wrong version. 4.6 seems to work best with the Droid 1.

No, that's what I was suggesting you do. Clear out all the old code and crap, hopefully stabilize your phone. :D