Can't boot into recovery mode.

Card

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time booting into recovery mode. Hopefully someone here can help. When I try to boot the phone into recovery mode (or select Reboot into Recovery from ROM Manager) all I get is the little logo with the triangle and exclamation sign inside of it, and a phone next to that. If I recall correctly from the last time I went through this, it's all normal. However, it just sits on that screen until I pull the battery. I let it sit for 10 minutes, nothing.

So, what am I doing wrong? Also, it's a Droid 1, running 2.2.2. It's rooted, and running the stock ROM.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this. With the phone off, pull the keyboard out and press the X and hold it. Then press the on button and see if that helps you out.

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
I thought I had tried that, but I wasn't certain. So I tried again. Same issue, still just hangs on the logo and never actually goes into Recovery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I had tried that, but I wasn't certain. So I tried again. Same issue, still just hangs on the logo and never actually goes into Recovery.

OK, lets see if I can move you to an area where you can get better assistance. I have a feeling it's an issue with ROM manager but I don't know how to fix it.

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
I was thinking that too. I've been having nothing but problems with the phone for the last 3 or 4 months. Just need to add this to the list of reasons I really need to upgrade to a new handset.

Thanks for moving it to the proper section of the forum. I wasn't sure where best to put it. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that too. I've been having nothing but problems with the phone for the last 3 or 4 months. Just need to add this to the list of reasons I really need to upgrade to a new handset.

Thanks for moving it to the proper section of the forum. I wasn't sure where best to put it. :)

I'm looking for someone to help and I've sent on message out but I didn not get a response. Hang tight, someone will help.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If it looks like this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...less-os-version-droid_stock_recovery_logo.gif, its the stock recovery. If so, pressing the center of the volume rocker + the camera button at the same time will get you into recovery. If it looks like this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...-1-regardless-os-version-mc1_cr_11_result.png, minus the red writing, then it is the stock recovery. If so, then you'll probably need to sbf a custom recovery using rsd lite. Did you take the recent ota? If so, you may need to re-root. To check if your rooted, download a terminal app from the market and type "su". It should change from "$" to "#" if your rooted. Or download a root only app like ShootMe, from the market, and see if it asks and allows you superuser permission. Let us know how it goes.

Follow this link if you need to sbf: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Yeah, I rooted again since the 2.2.2 OTA update.

Using your method, I get a screen that says:

"Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

cjv1982

Reaction score
Try flashing alternative recovery in Tom manager, than flash back

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
A little more background as to my phone.

Before the 2.2 Update, I was running CM6. I had some problems with the phone (hardware and dealing with the screen, not software issues), and did a full factory reset, de-rooted, and brought it in to Verizon for service. They wouldn't fix the phone under warranty, so I just left it de-rooted on the factory ROM. Not sure if this info helps, but it's worth mentioning. I'm trying to run the MIUI ROM, as I'm told it runs rather fast and stable, which is what I want more than anything until I can upgrade to a new phone.

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Try flashing alternative recovery in Tom manager, than flash back

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Haha, this worked. All I did was flash the alternative (SPRecovery), then flashed it again with Clockwork, re-booted, and huzzah!

Don't know what the issue was, but it's fixed now. Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it!