HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

RobKnowsBest

Reaction score
using it now and loving it, got a FC right when i installed but other than that i love the look of it. now to get live wallpapers lol

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
yes helix keeps force closing over and over again... it's been doing this for a while now and i'm def. in panic mode. how do i do a system restore? and no im not rooted ( read that that is complicated, and i'm having problems with an app from the market - def. not ready lol )

inevittable

Reaction score
i tried installing helix launcher 2 and couldnt even use it. constant fc's.

been using helix launcher for a while though and love it :)

for the love of chocolate..i cannot find helix launcher 2

i searched for helix launcher 2, helixlauncher 2, helixlauncher2

Just search "helix" in the market. I think, if I'm understanding this correctly, that if you haven't rooted your phone and you're still running 2.0.1, that the market will only show apps you can download.

I searched "helix" and found helixlauncher right away...it's great so far!

jfm741

Reaction score
This does not have the 3d apps. Very stable for me. Helix 2 however, was in a FC loop...The key thing I've learned is never select a default home until your sure it works well with your phone. I know you can always clear default home, but in the case of a FC loop just reboot and select the one that works..

jfm741

Reaction score
nice job! Did you download Helix2 or Helix. Helix works fine...Helix 2 was the FC loop for me.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
nice job! Did you download Helix2 or Helix. Helix works fine...Helix 2 was the FC loop for me.

Helix 2 will only work on ere25 or older builds. I think we should make this clear somewhere. Maybe Rintin can edit his original post. Ese53 has to use the regular helix launcher.

Mamba94

Reaction score
@sboman_32 -

Reset to factory requires that the phone be shut off completely, then hold the x button down then pressing and holding the power buttion, and don't release either until you see an exclamation mark on your screen. At that point hold the volume up and tap the camera button. This will get you to the recovery screen where you can perform a full factory reset/wipe.

mendy817

Reaction score

Helix 2 will only work on ere25 or older builds. I think we should make this clear somewhere. Maybe Rintin can edit his original post. Ese53 has to use the regular helix launcher.

so non-rooted (i.e. ESD56) will NOT work with helix 2 correct? that's what's causing the FC loop? stick with helix 1 and its not a problem?

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
@Mamba94 thank you for your response... after what seemed like days of searching for a solution to this problem i think i have it fixed. i really didn't know the correct terminology i needed to use to ask the questions necessary to fix my droid... :icon_ banana:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

so non-rooted (i.e. ESD56) will NOT work with helix 2 correct? that's what's causing the FC loop? stick with helix 1 and its not a problem?

That sounds correct. I haven't been stock and don't intend to be to test this. But you are on the right track. Try it out and see how it goes! haha

jy2042

Reaction score
I was getting FC's on HelixLauncher2, but I'm using an ESE53 based ROM, so that could be why.

But to stop the FC's, I just connected through ADB (adb shell) and manually removed HelixLauncher2 (busybox rm /data/app/com.helixproject.launcher2.apk).

If you don't have busybox installed, I guess you could alternatively run:
adb uninstall com.helixproject.launcher2

After doing so, the looping FC's go away.