Helix forceclose in froyo

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I've been using Helixlauncher 1 since I got my phone, its a great app for me because of the 4 slots at the bottom that I can add icons to and access regardless of what homescreen I'm on. I have the dialer, handcent, and two app-organizer folders with my most used apps and games in them.
So I updated to Pete's version of froyo last night, with chevyno1's 1ghz ulv 7slot kernel. Now when I press the home soft key to go home, helix FCs bringing me back to the stock homescreen....if I push it again, viola, Helix comes up with no issues. Weird right?
So I thought I would clear the default, uninstall, then reinstall. Did step 1, did step 2, got to step 3...found out that HelixLauncher is no longer available in the market. Hmmm... Good thing I had a titanium backup of it, or else I might have been a bit sore. For the time being, I'm just dealing with the issue.
So heres what I'm getting at: Is this an issue that others are having? If so will changing my kernel fis the issue possibly? ( I'm not changing my rom, I politely refuse...I'd rather find a different home replacement first :p )
Last but not least, can someone recommend an alternative home replacement that has four customizable 'hot keys' (not sure what else to call them) at the bottom by the app drawer? I know Helix is dated, and hasn't been updated since forever. I'm sure theres something a lot faster by now, that better utilizes Froyo? My last question, if answered, would answer all my other ones. Thanks guys! Its been forever since I've had an issue that I haven't sorted out on my own, you guys saved my ass the last time, I'm sure you can do it again.

dancedroid

jcardona1

Reaction score
give LauncherPro a try. its on the market, and waaaaaaaaaay better than Helix. and super stable too :)

edit: and yes, it has the 4 hot keys on the bottom plus some cool features

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
give LauncherPro a try. its on the market, and waaaaaaaaaay better than Helix. and super stable too :)

edit: and yes, it has the 4 hot keys on the bottom plus some cool features

Ya know, I had just read in another thread about this launcher. With your +1 I'm definitely going to give it a try