Video: New HelixLauncher 2 Coming Soon.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out the beta we just received of the new HelixLauncher2 which should be coming out for the stock 2.1 update soon...

[video=youtube;P3JxcWJakio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3JxcWJakio]YouTube - HelixLauncher 2 Beta for the Motorola DROID[/video]

And if you want to check out the beta, we've got a link to Faruq's donate page which will give you access. After donating of course. :)

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/10/video-new-helixlauncher-2-in-action/

Last edited:

Telerding

Reaction score
I happily donated and tried to download version 1.3Beta. I got an error message on the droid that said "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."

I am running DroidMod and have not had this problem before.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

J*Bishop

Reaction score
very nice!!!! should i uninstall helix 1??

Last edited:
OP
kellex

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I happily donated and tried to download version 1.3Beta. I got an error message on the droid that said "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."

I am running DroidMod and have not had this problem before.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

The version in the video is Helix2 V.07Beta. You also need to be on 2.1.

JCo352

Reaction score
Is it recommended to remove everything off of Helix1, if I'm going to be using helix2? I already did it, but I'm just wondering if it matters.

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
just curious of what the reason would be to jump from Helix to helix2 ?

I know its a noob question but some one had to ask it lol

Thanks for the replys

kappadappa

Reaction score
For me, the reason is that I love the way it switches from screen to screen. I don't love the 3d launcher, but if I'm on the 7th screen ( all the way to the right) and I double-tap to bring up previews and then select the 1st screen (all the way to the left) it snaps to that screen very quickly, without the laggy animation of the original Helix.

Optimally, I would LOVE to have that snappy-ness of Helix 2 home screens along with the fast scrolling of the non-3D original Helix app drawer. But, with 7 home screens, I don't need to use the app drawer much.

Threepio

Reaction score
Cool. i enjoy helix launcher 1. And will look forward to putting helix 2 on there soon.

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much of a difference from Helix1. The most obvious is the reworked shortcut bar and the 3d app drawer (which is a nice design, but it scrolls slower). So far, Helix2 is working fine on my phone.

Here's the only complaint I have so far. I like being able to hide the status bar, but I wish there was a quicker way to bring it back aside from going back into settings and changing it. That was one thing I liked about Home++.