RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Bildschirmfoto-2010-01-08-um-19.31.56.png

Hey guys,

This is GREAT NEWS. Motorola officially confirmed 2.0.1 Update for the Milestones soon and the 2.1 Upgrade within the next 2 months!!!! Also the DEXT was announced via Myspace!

Tigger

Last edited:

Litrekid

Reaction score
I wonder if you will get it before we do here in the states. Anxiously awaiting.

mach330

Reaction score
i hope it's less than two months. been dying to do 2.1 without rooting.

Adroid91

Reaction score
dang i was pumped when i got the email about a couple of days. Hopefully its soon i can't wait its killing me

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The couple of days refered to moto getting 2.1 from Google IMO ...

makieru

Reaction score
the couple days is probably for U.S. droid owners while the two months is for European milestone owners

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What happened to a couple of days? Lame.

they never said the update was going to be in a couple days.

they said 2.1 was going to become open source withing a few days. After that its still up to the carrier to add the support for additional hardware like bluetooth/led's/keyboard/wifi/ETC....

after thats been added and tested its also up to the carrier to roll out the update to the devices.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

they said 2.1 was going to become open source withing a few days. After that its still up to the carrier to add the support for additional hardware like bluetooth/led's/keyboard/wifi/ETC....

after thats been added and tested its also up to the carrier to roll out the update to the devices.

right, so we just wait and see.

tigger, i bets you has teh happys.. ;)

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

right, so we just wait and see.

tigger, i bets you has teh happys.. ;)

Bet on it my friend :D

But i agree with posts here. I think the Update is going from google to motorola to carriers for Update, Hardware adaption and os branding.

So, it might take a little longer as we thnk. but at least motorola is doing some kind of information politics. Appreciate it. Saying "in 2 Months" is better than saying nothing!

Tigger

ripnetuk

Reaction score
Thank you Motorola...

Huge kudos to Motorola for supporting their existing customers with firmware upgrades. Its still an exception with phones to be able to get major OS upgrades without new hardware.

Obviously now that Motorola are back in the game, they dont wanna blow it by not offering upgrades. They are going to go from strength to strength if they carry on like this...

Cant wait for 2.01 and 2.1 on my milestone :)
g