HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

stevonyc34

Reaction score
just installed helix launcher (not 2) and stayed with the 3 screens. i changed to 5 screens and started to get some FC's. its been 15 min. and no FC's. keeping fingers crossed.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some help the app is, it says ver 9 ...

Someone check for me, because I dont remember in this or launcher2, but when rotating this helix to landscape, my backround image rotates, but it seems I get the upper half so to speak, like it isn't centered vertically.

Can anyone else compare notes on this?

not a big thin overall, but perhaps a bug that can be submitted.

I love the thing overall, went down to 5 screens from 7, as I hadn't even filled up 3 yet ... Nice that it is customizable like that.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using Helix on an unrooted Droid and me likey.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Unrooted 2.0.1 and works fine. The only issue I had is when I first installed it the app tray scrolled really slow. As soon as I got to the bottom and scrolled back up it was fine. Gonna hold off redoing all of my icons on this home until I see that it is gonna work ok and be stable.

Toast

Reaction score
i have a rooted droid with helix 1...i downloaded seeds of life and its not anywhere to be found. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing... how do i select live wallpapers?

ipawd1

Reaction score
nice job! Did you download Helix2 or Helix. Helix works fine...Helix 2 was the FC loop for me.

Helix 2 will only work on ere25 or older builds. I think we should make this clear somewhere. Maybe Rintin can edit his original post. Ese53 has to use the regular helix launcher.

What he said.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Toast, it doesn't come with LW, it supports them if your ROM has them.

Toast

Reaction score
oh snap that sucks...ok so i have 4 launchers to choose from...if i upload a new rom with it delete them?

Taurus

Reaction score
Helixlauncher2 = floppidy doo. Constant FC ditched!:icon_eek:

Riddick

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. Don't get me wrong this is a nice launcher and I went and rated it 5 stars in the market but for non-rooted users there are already better home replacement apps that have more features than this app.

I guess this is useful for people running 2.1 roms that don't have live wallpapers but if you just want the buttons at the bottom and the extra screens then there are lots of other home replacement apps that already do that ....

Anomander

Reaction score
Installed and running fine. before setting as default, I removed my widgets and then set it as default. I reapplied my widget (battery life) and this is one of the first launchers for me that the widget actually works. Have it set for 5 screens (like the fact it can go up to 7). It has been about 20 minutes and no FCs I am running a nonrooted droid. I would have liked to see the live wallpapers with it, but no such luck.

thumper300zx

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. Don't get me wrong this is a nice launcher and I went and rated it 5 stars in the market but for non-rooted users there are already better home replacement apps that have more features than this app.

I guess this is useful for people running 2.1 roms that don't have live wallpapers but if you just want the buttons at the bottom and the extra screens then there are lots of other home replacement apps that already do that ....

Maybe because it was super easy and you don't have to install the other junk? Just .apk install and you're off ???

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I just DL'd Helixlauncher and installed it to my Droid (1ghz, droidmod 1.0 rom). Smooth as silk and it gives full function to live wallpapers! I'm using 5 screens, btw.

By far, my favorite launcher app:icon_ banana:

RedBull

Reaction score
Downloaded this morning...didn't do the remove of icons first, so I corrected that. Since then...smoooooooth. No force closes, auto rotates just fine...love the addition of 4 icons to the bottom...if it had the 3d cube (stable of course...lol) it would be perfect! Maybe in time that can be worked on...if not...I'm not hurting from it.

thumper300zx

Reaction score
Downloaded this morning...didn't do the remove of icons first, so I corrected that. Since then...smoooooooth. No force closes, auto rotates just fine...love the addition of 4 icons to the bottom...if it had the 3d cube (stable of course...lol) it would be perfect! Maybe in time that can be worked on...if not...I'm not hurting from it.

Yep -- second. 3D app tray and I'd be in hog heaven :)

Since the 3D app tray has so much trouble in 2.1, does that mean the same is true of the Nexus One and for the assumed future release of 2.1?