Video: New HelixLauncher 2 Coming Soon.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher in the center why? And why would this be superior to Helix now? Just the 3d app drawer?

Threepio

Reaction score
They are in Beta with it which means they want to know your Questions/Concerns/Suggestions/Problems with it and they will do what they can to change it up. I'm sure if you email the developer and say you would like to see the app tray button back in the center and they get enough emails about it they will put it back in the center.

or at least give us an option to place it wherever we want on that taskbar.

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I installed Helix 2 today and set it as my default home. Is there a way to set the stock Home back as the default without having to uninstall Helix? I'm not saying I want to do this (I want to give Helix a try) but it'd be nice to know how to do this if I decide I want to go back to the default home for some reason.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed Helix 2 today and set it as my default home. Is there a way to set the stock Home back as the default without having to uninstall Helix? I'm not saying I want to do this (I want to give Helix a try) but it'd be nice to know how to do this if I decide I want to go back to the default home for some reason.

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, find HelixLauncher2, open it and select "Clear Defaults"...then when you press the home button you'll be given the option again

gprichardson1

Reaction score

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, find HelixLauncher2, open it and select "Clear Defaults"...then when you press the home button you'll be given the option again

Cool. Thanks. Now that I've tried this I realize I should have paid attention to when I set it as default as the screen says to do exactly what you said. I guess I need to pay closer attention from now on. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is there/will there be an option to put the launcher button back in the center? I think I prefer it there.

Agree : )

It makes no sense where it's at right now. I like my homescreen to look uniform.

I'm anal like that : )

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i dont get why developers insist on "fixing" things that don't need fixing. I tried it for a day, and while the 3d app drawer is cool, i still get force closes everytime I open another application and then go back home. So uninstalled, until they hopefully stop messing with what works and work on the instability that the app has. It's funny how perfect the original HelixLauncher is and what a fail this one is haha

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i dont get why developers insist on "fixing" things that don't need fixing. I tried it for a day, and while the 3d app drawer is cool, i still get force closes everytime I open another application and then go back home. So uninstalled, until they hopefully stop messing with what works and work on the instability that the app has. It's funny how perfect the original HelixLauncher is and what a fail this one is haha

Helix 2 is not a fail. The Beta version linked in the OP ran beautifully for me on UD 9.8. The previous version of Helix 2 used to run just fine as well before one of UD's recent updates.

Paul1201

Reaction score
I have the version 7 beta installed and it has been force closing a bit. I am on the stock 2.1 ROM and have never rooted (although I have been very tempted a few times). Would resetting the phone help? If so just a factory data reset or should I do the boot into safe mode method?

I also noticed I only have about 53 mb of internal memory left would uninstalling some apps help potentially? I really would like to install apps to the SD card and only install the files needed to the internal memory. Maybe the next update will do that.

Threepio

Reaction score
i was running it since monday but it started getting buggy and was force closing a lot. Needs some work. still cant beat the stock home screen for performance.

chops

Reaction score
hasnt forced closed on me at all running it about a little bit over a week now just a bit laggy but other then that awesome launcher

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Any idea when this will be in the market for download for stock 2.1 users? Thanks in advance....

VOLTIS5

Reaction score
I first used H1 a while back before the update but then it got a bit laggy after the 2.1 update. I switched over to Home ++ and i must say its running smoother than H1. Only thing with Home++ is that i can't use Live wallpaper...maybe there's a setting for it that i haven't figured out yet **shrugs** but with H1 i can use the stock Live wallpaper fine but if i used a 3rd party it freezes when going from landscape to portrait. Other than i loved H1. Here's hoping to H2 making it better and less buggy.